Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sniff Sniff


Can you smell it? Change is in the air. It's all around us. Things smell different today. September is here full force and with it comes many changes.

For a lot of us, September is more like starting a new year than January. So to that end: Happy New Year, Everyone! :)

We have Open House tonight at Kelton's school and then tomorrow...ah tomorrow. Tomorrow morning school starts. Amazing.

In true Casey style of "If you can't beat them, join them." I pulled out the bin of autumn decorations and the kids I decked out the house for fall. There is no denying it - Autumn is here and the school bell tomorrow signals the start to be sure.

First grade. Wow. How did that happen? I remember when Kelton was 5 months old and I was sitting on the couch holding him in my arms as he nursed and slept. I remember clearly the sound of the school bus pulling up next door to pick up the group of happy chatting children. I remember thinking, as I held my sleeping infant snugly "It will be forever before you are old enough to worry about going to school."

How fast the years fly by.

The days indeed go slowly but the years - they fly by before you know it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they sure do Casey, my oldest is now in college! The kid years really do go by fast esp when school starts

Mimi said...

OHHHHH how true my babies are 29 and 25!

Catherine said...

OMG, they do go by fast. You made me get a little teary, I remember holding my baby thinking that too. And next year he will be in kindergarten. Hope Kelton has a good day at school!

Unknown said...

Im watching my High School freshman walk out the door here soon, and then soon after my newly appointed Middle Schooler! It is a tough day! Thank goodness I still have my little ones, but they are getting too big too! ARGH! Toooooooo FAST! I feel for you Casey, because I know exactly how you feel! Jeri

Monogram Queen said...

Good luck on first grade Kelton!

I might decorate this week-end... :)

Tracey said...

I hope his first day of First Grade goes swimmingly! Let's see the photos of him. :)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too. Um, you have FALL decorations? I really need to do a study on how you keep yourself so organized.