Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Couldn't Have Said It Any Better

As we walked slowly back up the front walk after watching the bus drive off with our buddy inside of it, Kaylen looked at me miserably and said "I miss him even though I'm dressed like a princess."

I'm not sure but I think she thought being decked out in full fairy princess gear (including magic wand) would make it hurt less. And if she had been right, I'd have come in the house and dressed up too.

Kaylen was processing quite a bit in her sleep last night. A rough night with lots of "Where is Kelton?" "I can't find Kelton!" "When will Kelton be here?" "Kelton, come play with me!" thrown in to her restlessness and sleep talk. Poor kid.

Kelton ran extremes this morning; very excited to completely losing his mind and falling apart. Adjusting to change is such fun stuff.

Fun stuff. Oh yeah. :( Is it 4 o'clock yet?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Such an adjustment, seems like there are lots going on. Hope you all get into a routine soon, as I hope of us.

Monogram Queen said...

It IS a big thing... for all of you. You'll fall into the routing and it will be "old hat" before you know it!

Lynilu said...

I love magical thinking of little ones. And I wish we could hang on to that kind of escape for a longer time. :)

Unknown said...

I wish I could be that sweet to think that if I dressed like a Princess everything would be all right! That is the most touching I have heard! I want a magic wand too! Jeri

Tracey said...

Our girl still is crying every day her brother leaves for the bus. Today we drove him to the stop as it was raining and we were all ready to leave from there, and she BAWLED when he got on the bus. I think it's hardest on her out of all of us. I'm sure it must be similar at your house.