Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Flower and A Princess

After arriving home for a morning out with a friend, Kaylen and I both noticed something unusual in the patch of vinca that surrounds the big tree in our front yard. A flower. Not just any flower but a crocus (and no, it's not a fall crocus. We have never had any of them.).

And there, surrounding this singular early springtime flower were red and brown leaves of fall.

I guess I'm not the only one confused by the crazy summer weather of cold, wet, hot, dry, cold, wet and hot.


We admired the flower for a while and Kaylen kept saying "How unusual!" which cracked me up. After we finished looking at the flower we moved into the house as Kaylen was quite eager to work on her art project. On the way back from our coffee date, we stopped at the craft store and bought a container of foam stickers (the kids love them and they are only $3.99 for about a million stickers. It's a good deal if you have kids who love to use stickers.) but she couldn't possible work her magic without wearing her princess outfit that we bought to be her Halloween costume. She refused to smile for the camera but I managed to get a few good shots anyway.




I'm not sure today went. I swear I turned around twice and it was time to go meet the bus. I did undertake a project of putting together a photo book of our last beach trip. I've been horrible about printing out pictures or doing anything with pictures for such a long, long time. Mostly, the only thing I do with pictures is post them here, on my blog. I've been having twinges of mommy guilt over that so figured I needed to start working on creating some photo books. The kids (as well as their moms) LOVE to flip through photos from our lives but ever since we went digital (the same month Kaylen was born, incidentally) we have precious few hard copies of photos. Another huge project I need to get working on is copying and pasting the *cough* years worth of blog postings to have books printed up. My goal is to print books so that the kids will have a record of this time of their lives. Dakota gave me an incredible gift a few years ago when she created the first book of the first year of my blog. It sits on my dresser and I see it every day and I love knowing that all the stories from that time are safely stored inside.

I just need to, as the saying goes, "Do It."

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

That Princess is precious! I'm a procrastinator too honey, you are not alone!

Kristen said...

To make your book, you just copy and paste into word, then send it to a printer? I sure wish there was an easier way to do it. I made each month a PDF file, but I haven't done that in a while.