Monday, September 22, 2008

Digital Scrapping

What do you need to start digitally scrapbooking? A computer, Internet access (at least to download kits but once they are on your computer, you don't need access to the web to use them) and some sort of program that will allow you to work with graphics. I use Photoshop Elements.

Here are some helpful links to get you started:

How to make a basic layout:

A list of tutorials for Photo Shop Elements

ScrapGirls.com Learn lots of fun tricks!

Freebie kits can be found all over the place. The best way to find some is to type in "free digital scrapbook" or "Freebie digital scrapbook" into your favorite browser. To get you started, you can always visit Shabby Princess. When you are ready to buy a kit (or two or three or four), there are tons and tons of digital scrapbooking stores on-line to visit. One of my favorite designers, Shawna Clingerman, sells her kits through Sweet Shoppe Designs. The kits range in price but seem to hang out around the $7 range. The really nice thing about digi-kits is even if you use the elements and papers, you still have them because you are only copying them into your project. So that $7 can stretch a very long way. :)

Hmmm...what else? I know for some people digi-scrapping is a no-go because they love to touch all the elements/embellishments and papers and that's great but for me, I love digi scrapping because I can manipulate things, change things easily, resize, etc. For me - it's easy, fun and I love it! I can't believe how long I've been away from it - and I can't believe how good it feels to be back doing it. Just like coming home! :)

(And if you haven't seen them yet, I did five new pages this morning. Scroll down and take a look. :) )

5 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Maybe someday soon... right now my plate is full enough but I love the idea of scrapping and digital looks pretty easy!

Anonymous said...

I think you are motivating me to take a stab at digital scrapbooking again. I had a trial version of photoshop elements, but wasn't too patient to figure out how to use it. Now, I've seen what awesome pages you've done, maybe I can try too!

Melanie said...

Ooooh, YAY for the instructions. Thanks Casey!! As soon as I buy a program, I will have to come back and read this post! :)

Tanya said...

Cool, thanks for the tutorial. I like the idea of not having tons of little things to deal with as with real scrapbooking and being able to change things around, but there's still a cost involved, so for now I gotta stick with the free stuff, like slideshows. Can you print them out to put in a book just like regular scrapbooking?

Casey said...

Patti: It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :)

2Mommies: You can do it!

Melanie: :) YAY!

Tanya: There are tons and tons of free kits available so if you have a program on your computer, the cost would be non-existant if you wanted it to be. And yes, you can print them out and put them in a photo book.