Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Sausage Festival

(Fern - get your mind out of the gutter, will you? *wink*)

This weekend was the annual Sausage Festival (think Octoberfest/Oktoberfest - in early September) which is put on by the local catholic church/school as a fundraiser. I've been hearing about this event since we moved here but we've never before gone. Everyone raves about it and yet, after going, I'm not sure why. It was ok. Just ok. The kids had a great time which is what really matters when it comes to this stuff. For me, I thought it was way too much money for what it was.

The kids were all about the carnival rides and games. They were even super brave and went on the kiddie roller coaster - not once but twice! I could not believe it! I thought Kelton would like it but I really had my doubts for Kaylen. Turns out - she's more daredevil than not. It was so cute to see them laughing and screaming and having such a good time.





(this "ride" cost 3 tickets each - which equates to $3.75 each! Are you kidding me?!?!?! That's crazy! It was about the same cost per child for most of the rides but the slide really got me. It just makes no sense.)


On the roller coaster! Look at that smile!


Kelton didn't want to ride this one so Dakota went with Kaylen. Kaylen LOVED it!


Waiting in line for the second time on the roller coaster. Look at them holding hands!! SWEET!!




I can't say I'd want to go again but since the kids had such a great time, I'm glad we went this time. :)



5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Ouch! Those are expensive rides! And I suppose you are asked to buy sausage, as well. "Spensive sausage! Glad the kids had fun, though. That justifies just about anything in the world, doesn't it?

Sheri said...

1. It looks a LOT different at "night" with all the neon and flashing lights, plus you can hear the bands playing at the main stage.

2. The 'blue' tickets (pre-buy are 8/$10, so the slide is only $1.50).

3. I've been going for the past 8 years ... can't believe I don't know where the photo "cut-outs" are???

4. Two words ... ELEPHANT EARS!!!
(they always taste better here, although this year, they didn't have a price break for multiple ears)

Mimi said...

Same with our street fair...the slide was the same price....CRAZY...but you know Mimi had to buy the tickets so I could see the little go down....too cute....looks like you guys had fun

Monogram Queen said...

I hate it when they gouge you like that on the rides. Pisses me right off. No need for it.

That being said - I LOVE FESTIVALS!

Melanie said...

Look at you and your boy - precious photo!! :)