Thursday, September 04, 2008

Phone Books

Do you like them? Hate them? Somewhere in between them? Personally, I could do without them. They arrive on the door step way too often for my liking. I have a cabinet that houses no less than four books at any given time (We live in one state but are mere moments outside of another one which means *insert drum roll here* we get phone books for both here and there. It's annoying, really.). I have no idea why I keep these books. They rarely leave their location as I find the Internet so much easier to use. Mostly, they just take up precious space. I have no idea why I don't recycle them immediately upon their delivery but I don't.

Well...thanks to a friend (Kristen) who posted this on her blog, I can stop the unwanted delivery of phone books. Glory be and Hallelujah!! It's called YellowPagesGoesGreen and it's incredibly simple to add your name to the "no call" list. Awesome!!

I did it. :)

Boy - I am just all about taking action tonight, aren't I? Guess that's what happens when life feels out of control. I clean, organization and take action. Feels good. :)

3 comments:

Audra said...

i am so signing up for this. it literally seems like i get a new book once a month!

Monogram Queen said...

I do use the phonebook ... alot!

Lynilu said...

I'm OK with phone books, but I just need one, thank you very much. I live in an area that is rural, so several counties around us seem to think we need to have *their* phone books, too, so I get f.o.u.r every time they come out. If it's not local, I use the internet, anyway, so stop it already!!