Monday, September 08, 2008

Color My World

I have so many posts that are floating around in my head but most would be greatly enhanced by photos which requires that I download photos from my cameras and organize them. And well.....let's just say I haven't yet downloaded photos from the weekend by brother was here visiting and that was a week ago. Since then, I think I've taken a few hundred more photos. :)

But this is what I *have* been doing today. Painting. And if you know anything about me, then you know I don't so much enjoy painting. At all. But it had to be done.

There was a few spots of exposed, bare wood from when the house was resided and the supports for the garage where rebuild that needed to be painting before the rain starts. I've had the paint for about a month but it was still summer time and that last thing I wanted to do during family time was paint so I waited.

I decided that I shouldn't wait any longer. After seeing Kelton off to school I changed into painting clothes and headed out. I painted the exposed wood and then moved to the trim around the garage doors. I thought about stopping there but the entry way has been bugging me for....well...a long, long time so I ended up painting it as well. From there I moved to the gutter downspout off the walkway since it was icky and dirty. It was a lot of work (and it's quite warm out there today) but boy does it look nice! Nothing beats a fresh coat of paint for making things feel clean and nice again.

On a side note, it was fun to be in the front yard watching and listening to the sounds of early morning in the neighborhood. Among other things, I heard the cell phone conversation of the guy a few houses down and quickly discovered that he has some sort of sales jobs though I couldn't quite figure out in what field. I heard kids from the day care down the street playing and crying and I heard lots of "wind through the leaves" noises - which were my favorite. As I said - it was nice to be in the front yard. I'm rarely ever out there and even though painting isn't my favorite thing to do, it gave me a good reason to be out there.

My goal for this year is to paint the entire inside of the house. It needs it desperately. Of course, the first step is deciding on a color. Well no, that's not true. The first step is to stop putting it off and just get started. I don't enjoy painting (and neither does my back) but I know I am going to be so, so happy once it is done. I have a friend who loves to paint and I know she would be here in a heartbeat to help except for the not so minor detail that she is allergic to cats. Darn it. Guess I'm on my own...unless any other local people have a love of painting. :) Any takers? Yeah - I thought not. Guess it will just be my paintbrush and me.

Hopefully tonight after the kids are sleeping, I will start working on photos and postings. It's been a busy week around here. Oh - and if you are wondering; Kelton did not get an invitation to the neighbor kid's party. His heart was smashed into a trillion pieces and he cried unbelievably hard. I sure don't blame him. Apparently the boy had held the invitation over Kelton's head all day at school and then, at the end of the day said "Oh sorry. They are all gone." :( I have many not so nice words to call him but I shall refrain. So - while the party is going on across the street, we will take Kelton to Chuck E. Cheese. It seems mean to have him watching the comings and goings of his classmates when he wasn't invited. I think it was a very cruel thing to have done to Kelton - especially since he has attended this particular party since he was 2 years old. And now? Now that they are in the same class and know the same kids, he isn't invited. And I really lay the blame at the feet of the parents.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Poor Kelton. Those parents suck.

Shannon said...

Poor Kelton. That kid's parents should know better. I can't even believe that.

Congrats on getting the painting done!

Tina said...

Have you asked the parents about the invite? Perhaps Kelton was supposed to be invited, but the brat...er...I mean...kid just wanted to be a turd.

Either way, I wouldn't have Kelton go. It's obvious that the br...er...kid didn't want him there.

Mimi said...

You know it's one thing to hurt me....but you mess with my child I will kick your ASS......some parents are just rude how would they feel if their little .....child wasn't invited to Keltons party?......which he wouldn't be.....oh well.....give him a big kiss for me....and kick that little punk across the streets ass for me.....lol

Dana said...

Poor thing...at that age, I think the parents should be more hands on and not leave the invites up to the kid. Next time the little turkey showed up to play, I'd send him on his way.

Tanya said...

How Rude! I hope he has more fund a CEC.