Monday, September 08, 2008

Look What I Made!

This past Saturday, while Dakota was studying, I took the kids to The Home Depot Kids Workshop . We made a football goal post. What? Yes, it's true. I can't help but wonder who came up with that little gem. If you click on the link, you can see it. I know, I know. You all want one. Maybe next time. :) The next month project will be a fire truck though and that sounds like fun. If you've never been - go! It's free and takes about 30 minutes of your time. (All Home Depots have the workshop on the first Saturday of each month.)

After that, we stopped at the craft store to pick up an easy to do craft project to keep them busy for a big chunk of the afternoon.

The best laid plans and all.

It did indeed do the job of keeping busy however it wasn't the kids. It was me.

Holy cow! Who comes up with these "easy to assemble" kits? Age 4 and up, the package said. I think not. The kids were able to help a bit on the Halloween house but mostly it was me and the glue gun. By the time we got the house assembled, the kids had grown bored and moved on to watch a TV show. I can't blame them. I spent the next hour glue gunning the pirate ship. Ugh! Next time we get one project and we work on it together. Clearly two was pushing it.

But - as I proudly said to Dakota when she emerged from her studies:
"Look what I made!!"

(not sure why the fencing and trim look blue in the photo. They are actually purple)


Impressive, no? :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Ooooh! I am very impressed. I would love doing those projects all by myself. That is how pathetic I am at crafts -- age 4 and up is what I find delightfully challenging. Those look really good though!

Sheri said...

Yes, I am impressed ... lovin' the Haunted House and wondering why I didn't see it on Saturday when I was roaming the aisles (or, perhaps were you at "CW", while I went to "M"???)

Catherine said...

Wow, great job. I could never do that.

Monogram Queen said...

Well i'm impressed!!! I have been contemplating some crafty ideas for the cooler weather when she will have to be inside more.

Audra said...

they sure look pretty though!!

Lynilu said...

Perhaps a pain in the neck, but very fun, both of them! Ya dun goot!

Yeah, next time get just one to do as a group.