Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of First Grade

And off he goes................






He said "I'm going to miss you, Mom." to which I replied "I'm going to miss you, too, baby." Such a sweet, tender and unexpected moment.

Our neighbor, Josh, is in Kelton's class. Kelton is thrilled to know someone to ride the bus with and declared that this year, he is riding both to and from school. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad. I'm going to miss drop off and pick up but I am happy he is comfortable with the bus this year. At least, so far. :)

Saying goodbye to his sister.

And there he goes!

We were all waiting for him at school when he arrived.

Waiting outside his classroom.


Have a great day, baby boy of mine. I'm missing you more than you will ever understand. I'm so lucky and blessed to have had you to myself all these years. What a gift for both you *and* me. I love you, bug.

10 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Awww Happy Happy Day Kelton!
Also Casey, Kaylen & Dakota!
Sweet, sweet post. I will be bawling my eyes out when my baby starts big girl school!

Catherine said...

He looks so cute. What a special day!

A Jersey Girl said...

Oh so sweet! 2 of mine went off yesterday for their first day. When they got out of the car, the baby(who is not a baby at 3 1/2:) said bye, I will miss you, they replied to her that they would miss her too, but then closed the car door and said, Mom, it will be nice to have a break from Maggie:) What can I say, life with out 3 year old is HARD!

I hope the first day of 1st grade is awesome! I can't wait to hear about it!

Emily

Julie said...

He said he's going to miss you?!? Connor didn't even glance in my direction when he got on the bus. I never got to officially say good-bye to him today. Now you get alone time with Kaylen. That's going to be really nice!

Melanie said...

How precious, especially the pic of the two of you... :( A new chapter in life, and you will adjust fine. Why is it so much harder for US, the moms?!

Unknown said...

Ok, Casey, I have already cried today, and now you have gone and made me cry again! You guys are too sweet. He looks so big. What a hard day! Jeri

Audra said...

awww! he looks so happy and proud to be going to school!

Lynilu said...

Awwwww. That is a very sweet post. You'll both get used to it soon. Buck up, Mom! :)

Jen said...

Great pictures. How did it go today?

Anonymous said...

awww!!! Look at him! a FIRST GRADER!!! I hope he ended up having a really great day - and that you did too!