Monday, September 15, 2008

I Won't Regret It

Tonight I did something I told myself I wouldn't do; I let the kids skip a bath on a school night. I'm OK with skipping on the weekend but normally I am strict with the "it's a week night and you are going to have a bath so I can have you both start the day clean and fresh." line of action. I'm not a fan of the stinky kid smell, you know?

Tonight I let them skip. And I don't regret it for a second.

It was one of those moments that is perfect in every way and one that I want to remember for the rest of my life. All three of us lumped together like a pile of kittens on one half of the couch (a dog was taking up the other half) as we flipped through photo books and scrapbooks. The kids were so absorbed with every word I read and the stories I told of when they were babies. It was truly like a magic spell had been cast upon us.

It was one of those perfect, perfect moments.

Baths can wait. Memories in the making cannot.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Aw... very good. I'm glad your day had a nice end to it. You're right, baths can wait.

Stacey said...

sounds perfect

Tracey said...

You are absolutely right, moments like that make it worthwhile and baths be damned!

Dakota said...

Very sweet :)
We need to print out more of our photos. Videos and computer ones are fun, but the kids really like the tactile experience of touching and holding them.

Nice call, Honey. Glad it was a magical night.

Kristen said...

oh, how nice! glad you decided to skip the bath.

Monogram Queen said...

You are absolutely right - sieze the moment!

Mimi said...

You guys will always remember that time more than a bath......

Melanie said...

So very true. I'm glad you let them skip - and I'm sure they didn't have too bad of that "kid smell" the next day! :)

Julie said...

Good for you! Baths are overrated anyway!

Lynilu said...

Perfect decision on your part.