Thursday, October 04, 2007

Another Day....

...another post that says "I've got nothing."

I'm not complaining really - it means I am happy, content and that things are moving along as they should. It just doesn't leave much for blogging. Boring boring boring......

Let's see - Kaylen and I had playgroup at our house this morning. I forgot how easy playgroup can be when they are 2 years old. For the most part they are happy to play with a pile of toys spread out on the floor while the moms drink coffee and talk. So easy. Kaylen had a few "less than stellar" moments which was a little surprising since she doesn't usually act like that around other people (believe me, she acts like that all the time when it's just our family but it surprised me a bit today during playgroup). Other than that - it was a great playgroup day.

My moms club sent out an email to let us all know that the "Boo-ing" has officially begun. Yay! I loved that game last year and I am more than ready for it this year. The kids and I took a trip tonight and picked up things for our Boo Bags so I am ready to roll. Bring on the Boo's baby! :)

Saturday Dakota's family will be here for a tribute for her dad. Due to scheduling conflicts, etc. this is the first date that has worked out for people to get together since he passed away in July. We're going to have a full house but our house just made sense as we have toys galore to keep the other kids in the family busy. Dakota's sister's all have grown kids with kids of their own so their houses aren't as "kid friendly". I could use some nice weather though so we have the yard as an option for the kids. Not likely considering it's October in the Northwest and all.

Tomorrow is Friday. I like Fridays. I like having family time dangling in front of my like the proverbial carrot. Family time in never, ever as idyllic as I would like but it's family time just the same and that's good enough for me.

Have a great weekend, ya'll!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad things are going well. What's a Boo Bag? Did I miss that somewhere?

Monogram Queen said...

What is boo-ing?

Enjoy the family time, nothing like family!

Lynilu said...

You may consider it "nothing to say," but I always enjoy reading your blog anyway! And I understand... I get that way, too, at times. :)

Sheri said...

Thanks for hosting playgroup! And, for the coffee ... yummm :-)

Melanie said...

Casey, you are so funny. I love reading your blog! You sound so much like me, especially with the "have you ever thought of wanting a new sink"? How random is that?? Yet, I totally agree!! I actually HAVE thought that!!
Melanie