Saturday, October 20, 2007

There's Nothing Like Digital

What in the world did I ever do before digital cameras?? Oh right - I bought a ton of rolls of film and I shot a ton of rolls of film and then I had to pay to have them developed and pray to the powers that be that out of three rolls of film I captures half a dozen good shots. I used to think it was no big deal to wait to see my photos (though I did rush right out to have it developed the day I finished shooting a roll) and besides, I loved having hard copies in my hands to place into photo albums.

Now though, with my digital camera(s), I can see the shot immediately to know if I need to try to capture it again or if I got the exact moment caught perfectly. I can make movies with the flip of a switch and I can download them, email them to people, post them online and order hard copy prints in seconds. And hey - I can rush right out to pick up the hard copies, if I want.

I confess to be horrible about getting hard copies which I'm sure will bite me hard one of these days. I do miss having photo albums to flip through but you know, I don't even know where I'd store *more* photo albums in this house. I already have them in closets and drawers all over the place. But I have them all on my computer (and backed up) in date order which makes finding photos really easy.

But you know, mostly I just love the instant gratification of digital. See the shot, click the button and presto! It's mine forever! :)

Now if it will just stop raining so I can get some more great pumpkin patch photos this weekend I'd be a happy mommy! :)

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I love digital too but I do get hard copies. Not every single time but alot!