Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Darn TV

Wouldn't you know it - even our TV has had enough of Barney. Tonight the darn thing went to a black screen with no sound right in the middle of Barney Goes to the Zoo. Frankly, I can't blame the thing - it numbs my mind as well but the kids had a fit. The power light was still on so clearly it is something amiss with the TV itself. I turned it off and on and it jumped back to life. This isn't the first time it has happened but I'm noticing that it seems to be happening a bit more often. Dakota and I bought that TV (a 19 inch, thank you very much which was a HUGE step up from our 13 inch that we replaced with it) in 1996 so I could watch the summer Olympics. The gymnastics competition needed a bigger screen, you know. :)

So now here we are, eleven years later and it just might be time to think about a new TV. Another piece of equipment that we can bore into a coma with Barney, Dora and Sesame Street. A plasma TV would be nice but then we'd need to get some sort of plasma mount for it since it wouldn't really work in our "old fashioned" TV hutch. I have to say though, I am kind of partial to the hutch (even though frankly, it should be replaced one of these days too)because I love being able to close the doors and hide the TV away. I'm not a fan of the TV being the focal point in the room (that is reserved for the mountain of toys stacked in baskets and bins *next* to the cabinet, she says sarcastically).

For now though we will limp along until the TV starts acting up daily. After that, we're going to have to do something about finding a new TV. A regular, basic TV because well, that is definitely more in line with a budget for a family of four with one income. :)

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Madison has a tv/dvd combo and the dvd part went out. Not cool when you live with a Dora addict!
I wish you luck on getting the tv up and running or replaced!

Froggymama said...

Wow, what a coincidence. Our dvd player broke tonight. And the only cartoon on tonight was Sagwa, and Froggy hates Sagwa! I guess we'll both be hitting the electronics store tomorrow!