Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ho Hum

I've been out visiting blogs tonight but I realized what I was really doing was avoiding coming over here to post something. I just have nothing all that earth shaking to write about tonight.

Kelton didn't have school today which was actually really, really nice. The three of us enjoyed a nice snuggle/silly/out of control time in the bed this morning before I got up and then we lolly-gagged around the house for a few hours. It was nice not to have to rush to get things done, everyone dressed, fed and out the door. We took our time and I even was able to read the entire paper *before* taking my shower. That never happens anymore. Lately I leave paper reading until the afternoon.

Once we were dressed and ready to take on the day we went out and ran some errands. It was just so nice to have both of the kids with me while I did that and I loved watching Kelton hold Kaylen's hand along the way.

We made it back home in time for lunch and then we all just hung out in the living room and watched some TV and played. It was low key and really nice. The computer guy came late in the afternoon - yes, it's true. We are still having "issues" with our computer. The next step is to do a complete overhaul of the thing and start over. After he left a couple funky things happened (a radio station just started playing through the speaker...there I was working on an email and suddenly men with heavy British accents were talking and laughing. They mentioned their call letters - BBC something or other. Too weird. I had to do a restart to make it stop. No clue what that's about!) so I think we are staring down the barrel of the last resort. *sigh* Such is life, I guess.

After that, it was dinner, playtime for the kids (vacuum/mop the house time for me since play group is here tomorrow) then bath and bed. Kaylen was a silly, silly monkey at bedtime and refused to settle down for the longest time. I was really proud of Kelton though - normally he would join her in her antics to drive mommy into a frenzy but tonight he just stayed in his bed trying to hear his story.

Once the lights were out, Kelton was asleep in about 30 seconds and Kaylen finally gave in about 15 minutes later. She's a wild one, that girl of mine.

Other than that though it's been a day filled with just the wonderful ordinary stuff of life. No drama, no trauma....just lots of time with my kids. I know a lot of parents are complaining about the number of days the kindergartners don't have school (all early release days for the older kids mean no kindergarten classes) but honestly, I am really looking forward to them. They are bright spots on my calendar when I know he will be home with us all day long. I'm weird that way. I miss him.

So that was my day. :)

5 comments:

Sheri said...

It was a "life at ease" here too ... though we did make it to Storytime. Tonight I put on "The Jungle Book" and was reminded what a 2yr old finds funny ... anything that hits someone in the face or on the head! That 2yr old giggle gets me every time :-) Glad you all had a great day!

p.s. Seriously, you didn't have to mop/vaccum ... I wouldn't have noticed, but I'll try to make a point of it tomorrow (LOL)

Holly said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day.

Monogram Queen said...

No you're not weird that way, just a wonderful Mom who loves her kiddoes!

Brenda said...

I'm just surprised at the number of days Kelton has had off already. Here in CA my son hasn't had one yet! :o)

Gandksmom said...

I actually thought Katie's bus driver was joking when she said she would see us next Thursday yesterday! I didn't realize that the kids had Tuesday and Wednesday off too. I don't mind the days off, but it messes the kids up. They like their schedule! I however, like not having to rush around in the morning!
Wendy