Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Two Days in a Row and Another Lost Tooth

Two days in a row. Count 'em with me; One. Two. TWO!

I've had two amazingly fun days in a row with my munchkins. I kid you not. Kelton had the day off from school today (and tomorrow and Friday) because of parent/teacher conferences so last night we talked about how we wanted the day to look. We decided that we would have a kicked back morning where we could stay in our jammies all day if we wanted (he made it until about 11 when they decided to dress up in costumes. After they were done, he opted for sweats and a t-shirt. Kaylen got herself dressed after I did around 10). We had nowhere to go and nothing that was pressing to get done and it's nice to have a morning like "the old days" of years gone by.

Later int he morning, at Kelton's request, I hauled out the costume boxes from the garage and, paired with the regular dress up clothes and the adventure kit they had some serious fun in the dressing up arena. Kaylen was a giraffe, a pirate, a bee, a princess and a dog all within about 15 minutes. Kelton opted for a vampire (complete with the freaky fangs), an inmate and a police office in about the same time frame. The living room was strewn with articles of clothing but wow did they have fun!

During lunch time, Kelton lost his second tooth. He called me into the room and said "I just lost my tooth! I thought I had a hard thing in my sandwich but then I thought to myself 'No! It's my tooth!'" He was quite proud of himself and tonight the tooth is safely tucked beneath his pillow awaiting the visit from the Tooth Fairy. He looks so funny without his lower front teeth though his adult teeth are already coming through. It's just so odd how quickly he is growing and changing all of a sudden.

After lunch came a knock on the door for our neighbor boy (also in kindergarten, also out for the day) so we invited him in for a play date. About two hours in Kelton came up to me and said "I think it's time for him to go home now. I'm tired of playing." He was so cute and sincere. So we ended the play date and I walked him across the street.

The rest of the day/evening was uneventful. The kids wanted to skip bath time which is a rarity around here but I figured what the heck. It's not like they were out playing in the dirt today. So after getting in a bit more playing, I snuggled them into the beds and read their stories. Kelton didn't want to sleep right away so I propped him up in his bed and he "read" to himself for about 20 minutes. It's becoming his new routine and he is really enjoying it. I remember well all the nights I would read in bed and I think it's so cool that he wants to do the same thing.

So - another big day at our house. Another really great day and trust me, I am thanking my lucky stars for two in a row. I'm loving it!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah to another great day!

Sheri said...

Ahhh, happy mommy moments ... you're right they are as precious as gold (and sometimes just about as rare--LOL)! I'm looking forward to seeing the Kelton smile in person tomorrow :-)

Perrin said...

I hear you. I am pleased having Corinne home right after lunch. She really needs some down time and is happy to visit her toys again.

Shannon said...

You guys have so much fun!

SassyFemme said...

Life sounds really good for y'all right now! I'm smiling reading here.

Froggymama said...

Hooray for Kelton!

Lynilu said...

It's so much fun when days like that happen, especially when they hapen back to back ... (and hoping for) to back!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww hip hip hooray for happy days and lost teeth! He's so wise beyond his years Casey.

Melanie said...

LOVE those days. A woman after my own heart - staying in jammies until 10:00 - YES!

Holly said...

Sounds like some great quality time with the kids. That is so priceless!

Caroline said...

You Ok Casey?