Monday, October 22, 2007

Zooooooooooooooooom!

That's how fast I feel like today has gone. It's just been a whirlwind and I'm not even sure what was done. This morning I volunteered in Kelton's room and since Grandma was out of town, I took Kaylen with me. It wasn't as bad as I feared but it wasn't as great as I hoped. Somewhere in between. Well, to be fair, she did really, really well. She was just a distraction for Kelton and at the end of the hour (I cut back from two hours to only one today because I know my daughter and what time limit she needs in order to succeed) she was ready to stop being so quiet and self-contained.

The really great thing about today was that the sun was shining - it even got near 70 degrees today which was unreal after the temps in the 40's and the downpours we've been having. But hey - who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? I loved every second of it. Kaylen and I played in the yard for a bit this afternoon and then the kids wanted to take a bike ride around the neighborhood. We had a really great time out and about - it felt so summer-y and yet the colors of autumn were so vibrant. Amazing.

Once we got back home we decided to hang out in the front yard and play in the leaves. I grabbed my camera and took photos. Not ideal outfits for photos (notice Kelton is wearing a Christmas shirt. He found it in his closet today. *sigh*) but fun just the same.

After that we spent some time helping the neighbor rake his yard and then it was time for dinner and all the chaos that goes with the evening routine (which also included a 40 minute call to Dish Network to help sort out a problem that my button pushing 2 year old created with the TV. *sigh* It wouldn't have taken so long but after waiting on hold for a long, long time the phone system dumped the call and I had to start all over. In the end though, the issue was solved and my kids happily watched Dora before bathtime. Yay!!)

Here are some photos from today. Enjoy!


PS....be sure to look for the post about the pumpkin patch below. :)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! Your leaves are GORGEOUS! Great pics

Froggymama said...

Beautiful pictures. Again...so very jealous of the leaves!

Lynilu said...

Great pictures! Where I live we have few leafed trees, and I didn't realize that until now. I miss the turning of the leaves! I can drive just five or so miles and be in the valley where there are trees turning now. But I love when I live, too. Snow on the evergreens is awesome!

Monogram Queen said...

I want to jump in some leaves and have a leaf bonfire so bad!
LMAO at Kelton wearing a Christmas shirt. Madison wore an outfit with red cherries on it today and pink/black leopard ballet flats. I kid you not. Kids are too too funny aren't they?!
Yay for Kaylen being a good girl while you helped out in Kelton's room. I bet she's very interested in school isn't she?

Sheri said...

So much fun!!! I got a few pics in the leaves, but ours fall in the dirt planter--not as much fun :-(
Still, I love the action shots of the kids falling into the leaves AND my favorite has to be Kelton with his "raised by elves" elfin-leaf-ears! (LOL) This was the perfect blog to read on this gray/wet day!