Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fabric vs Leather

Sometimes I think we were not the brightest crayons in the box when we selected fabric couches. I guess I didn't really think of *not* going with fabric because the thought of hot sticky leather didn't really do much for me. But with kids I'm thinking leather might have been a good thing. I can not tell you how many times drinks and food have been spilled on the couch cushions and how I struggle each time to clean it up well enough that it won't ruin the fabric before we are ready to buy another couch set (which won't be until the messy munchkins are *much* older!). Luckily we have brown couches so you can't really see the stains that surely must be there.

Yes, it would been easy to have implemented a "no food" policy in the living room from the get go and it might be easy enough (HA!) to do it now but that isn't likely to happen.

Maybe someday when I have that dream house I'll have a formal living room with nice, fabric couches. A room that the kids don't frequent unless they want to sit quietly and read (ahhhhhh! I can just visualize the peacefulness of a kid free, to free room). A room set up for my complete enjoyment. Then I can have a family room where I can place leather home theater seating which will be able to take all the punishment that a gaggle of teenagers can dish out.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

We have a microfiber couch and it takes more of a beating from Holly (rescue dog) than the toddler!
I am getting a leather recliner though.