Monday, October 22, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

The rain had stopped falling finally so we decided that time was now to head to the pumpkin patch for our annual family trip. I love our pumpkin patch - it has so much to do. A hay pyramid to climb, a hay maze to run through, animals to pet and feed, free hot beverages, rope making, face painting, hay rides and, of course, pumpkins.

Since it had been raining for days on end the place was a muddy, muddy, slippery mess and yet we still had a great time! With our three trips to pumpkin patches this year we are well stocked for pumpkins and the really funny thing is, we only carve one. The rest I think I will let the kids paint. Kelton has a pumpkin contest at school that he would like to enter so maybe one will be used for that, too. Still....we have six pumpkins. I think that's more than we've ever had before (and that isn't counting the one that already had to be tossed because we carved it at my brother's last weekend of the one that we left at my brothers. No siree - my kids are not hurting for pumpkins! LOL!)

Take a few minutes and enjoy the day with us. :)

6 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like the mud didn't stop you all from having fun!

Froggymama said...

I LOVE the one of Kelton making a goofy face. He is such a cutie, and even though I've never met you guys, his smile says everything about him. You look like you're all having a wonderful time!

Monogram Queen said...

We got pumpkins last night too! OMG that corn on the cob looks DELISH! So glad you didn't let the mud deter you at all!

Monogram Queen said...

Okay i'm an idiot I totally thought y'all were eating hot buttered corn on the cob! Now I see you were grinding it to feed the animals. I swear I looked at the pics. I did!

Shannon said...

Looks like a really great place! Glad you had fun despite the mud.

Melanie said...

Those are great photos - you all look SO happy! I'm glad you had a good time!