Thursday, October 18, 2007

Costumes?

So tell me, do you dress up for Halloween? I do not. The last time I dressed up was 1995. Dakota and I went as cop (her) and prison inmate (me). It was silly and fun and since we worked in the same building it worked well.

As a rule though, I don't like to dress up. Dakota, on the other hand, lives for it. Last year she was a pirate. This year she is planning to be well....I guess I don't really have permission to let the cat out of the bag but trust me - she is going to be something.

I have a friend (*cough*Shawna*cough*) who dressed up in a wild and sexy costume last year (and dang if she couldn't pull it off! This year being pregnant and all I think she might have trouble finding sexy costumes to accommodate her growing belly but really, I wouldn't put it past her. I'm sure she will rock whatever she decides to be.)

So what about you? Do you fully embrace Halloween and dress up? What are you planning to be this year?

4 comments:

Audra said...

I love dressing up for halloween, but i mostly have a hard time finding something in my size that is appropriate. i like to get multiple uses out of my costumes since they tend to be expensive. I might get scrubs from wal-mart and be a nurse for work. I might re-use my wedding dress and be the tooth fairy if I go to a club or a party!

Casey said...

Ooooh! The Tooth Fairy is a GREAT idea!!! Make sure you get photos of whatever you decide to be. I might not dress up but I love seeing other people all decked out. :)

Sheri said...

I LOVE Halloween ... hey, it's part of the whole fall theme, so I have to embrace it and all its nuances--including dressing up. I like to make my costumes, or buy as little as possible. My best one was Medusa (green skin, snakes in the hair, etc)! My funniest was when I was almost 8 months pregnant. I wore a bright orange Peanuts Halloween t-shirt and went as a "Pumpkin Smuggler." Now that I have Nick, I try to coordinate with him. This year, he'll be "Bob the Builder" ... looks like that makes me "Wendy" (LOL)

Monogram Queen said...

Oh girl you know from my decoration pictures that I love Halloween, dressing up, decorating, the whole nine yards.

I have two cow costumes (complete with udders) and i'm trying to get one of the girls I work with to be a cow with me and the other girl be a farmer.
the cop/prisoner things sounds.. well.. never mind *wink* Tell me no handcuffs were involved??? *grin*