Monday, October 08, 2007

Busy Day

Today was the day I was scheduled for the very first time to volunteer in Kelton's room...it was also the first day this school year that Kelton woke up not feeling well. He developed a pretty good cold this weekend but he wasn't running a fever. We agreed that he would go with me and then he could come home when I was done. As it turned out, he lasted about 2 hours and then really wanted to come home which was good timing since I was ready to get going as well. During my time at the school I did some projects and helped some of the kids during various activities. It was fun and I look forward to more Mondays in the classroom.

Thankfully Dakota's mom was lined up to come over and stay with Kaylen this morning because as it turned out, Dakota accidentally took my set of keys along with her set this morning so I was locked out of my car. I was able to borrow Dakota's mom's car (and thankfully I have the emergency car seats in the garage!) and everything turned out fine.

When Kelton and I arrived home from school, he headed right in to my room and climbed under the covers. He called me in to snuggle him and he stayed in the darkened room, without watching TV, for about 40 minutes. My poor baby really *wasn't* feeling well. He had a low key rest of the day and I've decided that there is a decent chance that I will keep him home tomorrow to rest for another day. No sense running him down and having his cold last even longer than necessary - which may mean missing more days of school down the road.

Speaking of sick - my computer is still sick with some major viruses. One of them involves randomly playing radio stations through your speaker. Talk about a shocker the first couple of times. :) The computer guy took away the CPU and is going to do a complete system wipe out and reinstall. Apparently even "safe" sites can give you viruses these days. Nowhere is safe - and apparently YouTube is pretty bad though not as bad a MySpace. I never go to MySpace but I do click YouTube videos on blogs. I only recently started doing that and recently is when we started having trouble. Maybe a connection - maybe not. All I know if computer viruses suck and I've had my fill now.

Other than all that - it's been a pretty quiet day. The kids and I head to Seattle on Friday while Dakota stays here and spends the weekend working on the semesters big paper. I figured it will give her a good solid head start without having to worry about the kids. I'll leave my brother's house after breakfast on Sunday and will hopefully be home by early afternoon so we can get in a bit of family time before a new week is off and running. Time is moving quickly these days. Never enough time.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww hope he's feeling better.

Sorry about the computer--hope it gets back to normal! I never heard that about YouTube. Find that kind of strange. You could use a browser like Mozilla Firefox if you're wanting some added security--it's better than IE in that respect.

Anonymous said...

good luck w the virus....big problems a year ago and just had to give up.sadly cheaper to buy a new one. Also having more issues, hope I can make it to summer when I have time to deal.

Mist

Lynilu said...

You know for sure that a kid is sick when they do like Kelton did. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better today.

I agree with Mist on using Firefox. I've found it to be really good. I also use a Mac, and they are better on the safety issues. Knock on wood, I've never had a serious problem.

How much more school does Dakota have? I know it is really hard to have as many roles as she does, especially the "student" one. Been there, done that, glad it's over!!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope he feels better. My little one was running a fever yesterday last night. Thank goodness she's not in Daycare though. Feel better Kelton!

P.S. The computer thing sucks. I need to get my laptop looked at and re-formatted and I just dread it.