Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I need an Alice

This morning is one of those days that I wish I lived in one of those luxury homes that you see here and there. Of course, I would like my home to come with Alice the maid because let's face it, bigger homes mean more space which means more clutter which means more cleaning and well - I'd need Alice for that. :)

Normally, I am perfectly happy with our home - sure, it could be a bit bigger (one more bedroom would be great) but overall, it's a good place and oh so much bigger than the less than 900sq foot home we lived in prior to this house. I wonder though if you are every happy with the size of your house. Yes, when you first move in and still have extra cabinets available you are happy but what about a few years down the road? Doesn't' every one start filling up whatever space they have in a house and then pretty soon doesn't the house start to close in on you and don't you start yearning for more space?

Maybe that's just me. Maybe it's a sign that it's time to do some seriously clearing out of stuff no longer used or needed. Yeah - the luxury home and Alice *sigh* will just have to wait while I make do with the space we have.

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

If you see Alice send her my way! I think we are always wanting different things. We are hardwired to change. IMHO

Casey said...

Is it change or is it Bigger, Better and More? :)