Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ah Choo!

I have a cold. It's getting better but for the past couple of days it's been downright nasty. The congestion, stuffy head, coughing - it's not fun. Kelton and Dakota had this cold but are now all but over it. Kelton still had the cough and Dakota is still a bit congested but overall, they are much better. Kaylen only seems stuffy at night so I think she is escaping the worst of it.

But wow - our house. It feels like we have medical supplies strewn all over the place. Vicks VapoRub, NyQuil, tissues, Tylenol, DayQuil, herbal stuff.....it's nutty how much stuff we have out here there and everywhere.

Here's something for you - did you know that Vicks VapoRub expires? What in the heck is in it TO expire? Our jar had a 2003 date. I went out yesterday and bought a new one and lo and behold - the container is even bigger than the last one. Ummm...how smart is that, really? Clearly that stuff lasts a long time and people like me fail to check expiration dates and just continue using it for years. If the container was smaller though we would go through it faster and need to buy more a lot more often.

And who had the bright idea to take the decongestant out of NyQuil? Yes, there are freaks out there who abuse this stuff but come on! Put it behind the counter for those of us who don't abuse it but sleep much better when we can breathe. Or hey - make both kinds and those who want the big gun one can go ask for it. I'm just saying.

The thing about colds for me is that they always end up in my throat and chest. I have quite the raspy voice going on which would be sexy and all if it wasn't for the hacking cough that comes along with it. :)

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Ahhh, you have been caught in the wonderful world of "drug makeovers" ... I too got fooled by my buddy NyQuil. You need the NyQuil D (yes, behind the counter). Hope your end of the cold disappears quickly!

p.s. A big bowl of Chinese Hot & Sour soup is great for clearing the sinuses ... I'm just saying :-)

Dakota said...

They have NyQuil with Decongestant?! Oh Happy Day!

PS. I love your raspy voice, Baby! Hope the coughing and such is over soon.

Casey said...

I second what Dakota said - Oh Happy Day!!! Thanks for the info, Sheri!! :)

Melanie said...

Casey, I hope you feel better soon! I had it a couple of weeks ago.... NO WONDER I woke up puzzled by Nyquil and why it didn't seem to work. Guess I should be reading labels too.

Mimi said...

I agree with you casey....people who ruin it for us...I have sinus problems...so I have to go to the counter for my Advil cold & sinus all of the time...heck have to show my drivers lic and everything..feel like a druggie...but hey it works for me...I NEVER take regular advil...ps..bet your raspy voice is cute...kids those babies for me...

Monogram Queen said...

Girl don't even get me started on how they have screwed up cold/allergy meds because of these meth freaks. I could beat them all with a sledgehammer.