Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wish Me Luck!


I joined Matching Moms a few months back and, until a week ago, I hadn't really had the chance to meet up with someone. The point of the site is to match moms with similarly aged kids and general mom-interests. I've had several emails inquiring about getting together but for some reason, they all seemed to live 40 minutes away, which I personally feel is too far to travel to meet up with someone on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I was looking for someone local as in IN the same city - and last week, someone contacted me. She is 43 years old with a 2 year old son and, after exchanging a couple emails, we set up a meet-n-greet at the mall for tomorrow morning.

I'm nervous. I'm rather shy until I get to know people and meeting new people is really outside my comfort zone. So send me good thoughts that it all goes well...and hey, if it doesn't I'll be at the mall and retail therapy is always a good thing! :)

9 comments:

Perrin said...

Good luck Casey! Did anything ever happen with your meet-up group? Before I heard of MC I did Matching Moms and I met Malissa who I'm still great friends with today. There were a couple others that fizzled out but you never know when a new friend is around the corner. It's worth trying. I always figured that if they were on there looking for friends too that they are more available. I meet moms nowadays that seem to be all booked up socially. Ok..I'll stop talking now. Good luck though.

Froggymama said...

What a great idea to match moms! The friends I've made with Froggy's little toddler buddies have become some of my best friends. Good luck. I find it hard to believe that you're shy! :)

Brenda said...

Just remember that she'll be just as nervious as you!

Make a Starbucks stop before you meet her. :o)

I'm sure your meeting will go well.

Shannon said...

That's a great idea. Hope it goes well (I'm sure it will!)

Audra said...

good luck! I am the exact same way with people, which is probably why I have so few friends, lol

Monogram Queen said...

I think you are very brave and I do wish you loads of luck.
I had too much retail therapy last week-end LOL

Frazzled Mom said...

You are brave! Good luck!

Stacey said...

I'm sure it'll work out just fine. :) I've met so many strangers from the internet over the years and very rarely have I had a bad experience.

Holly said...

Good luck!! How could and your kids not suck anyone in!?!?