Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Reality Check Anyone?

I wonder how many times in a week I walk by something for the second or third time in a day and think "Why is that still here? Why hasn't someone put that away yet?"? Ummm...who do I think it going to come by and put it away? The magic housekeeping fairy that resides with us?

For crying out loud - you'd think I'd know by *this* point in the game and that I am the only one who is going to pick it up and put it away.

And yet...why do I feel ticked off every time I remember that? *sigh*

Where does one sign up for a magic housekeeping fairy anyway?

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I think Kim probably feels the way you do because I'm pretty careless about putting stuff away. I never know where anything is. And if there is stuff lying around, I tend to not even notice. Poor Kim. And poor you.

Frazzled Mom said...

If you find that magic housekeeping fairy send her my way!

Froggymama said...

We have a secret fairy who does the dishes at our house. My husband has never seen her, but I think I might now who she is. We also have a fairy who scoops the cat box and puts the laundry away. She's overworked and underpaid, but I guess it comes with the wings!

Lynilu said...

Welcome to parenthood, dear. :)

Monogram Queen said...

If you find the magic housekeeping fairy how about fling that little sprite right down towards SC cos' I will put.her.to.work.

Perrin said...

I'm with you. Constant frustration.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I think this ALL the time too! and then when it occurs to me when NO ONE is going to do it but me I have to admit I get a little huffy and bitter - not only at all the dirt mongers around here, but at MYSELF TOO! I think one of the most frustrating things about being an at home mom is that you are always loosing the "keep it clean" battle!
I feel your pain Casey!

Unknown said...

I just ask myself, "Is that really hurting anyone where it is?" and then walk away. We can't win every battle with clutter!