Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Note for my Beautiful Daughter

Dear Child of Mine,
I understand that you are having trouble with not seeing Mama for days at a time. I get that, really I do. But will you please hurry and process this gigantic change in your life so that you can return to your usual not-so-great sleep schedule? I have, in the past 2 years, gotten used to only getting blocks of sleep in three to four hours cycles but seriously? The past two nights have not been pretty. There is really *no need* to wake every hour to hour and a half and keep me awake for an hour past that.

Mommy is tired. Really, really tired.

I know you miss Mama. I get that. I miss her too. So does Kelton. But we all still need to get some sleep. Sleep helps. So please....please, please, please....SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!

Love,
Your Exhausted Mommy

4 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Hi there - visiting from Patti...

I agree - sleep - its a good thing or wait here is a better one... sleep - it does a body good....hehe

Dakota said...

Tell our daugher that I miss her, too, and that I want her to sleep! I miss you all!

Love,
D

Brenda said...

I know how difficult it is to function with little sleep. I hope it gets better soon.

Froggymama said...

I hear ya! Would you write a letter to my daughter too? Or perhaps they can call each other at 2am and chat about toddlerhood while we get some sleep. :) I hope it passes. Do you have anyone you could call to come over for an hour or two, so you could nap?