Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just Another Day

I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday. Well actually, a ton better than yesterday but I still feel cruddy overall. I'm tired of not feeling well. I want to go back to a few months ago when I didn't give my health a second thought. *sigh*

After I got the kids to bed last night I crashed on the couch but I was just too tired and feverish to stay up until Dakota got home from school (early night - she was home by 8:30) so I went into my room, switched on a repeat of The Gilmore Girls and crawled into bed. I don't think I even stayed coherent enough to follow the plot line (good thing I've seen it before). Dakota arrived home to find me huddled in bed, whimpering like a puppy. It wasn't the pain so much as the fever - I was just miserable. I'm sure I was wishing I was anywhere but there - maybe at the Orleans hotel Las Vegas even! :)


A couple of Tylenol later I was drifting in and out of sleep. Dakota went in and took care of Kaylen when she woke at nine but by 11:30 I was being summoned to the princess who had told Dakota to "Go wake up mommy, please. Me need mommy!" I hauled myself out of bed and spent the rest of the night in Kaylen's room with her waking every couple of hours. Needless to say, I didn't get much rest but thank goodness my fever was gone when I woke and I felt much better.

After spending a bit of time getting my feet back under me this morning (and a bit of food in my tummy as I hadn't eaten anything since early Tuesday afternoon) we were off and (sort of) running. Kelton's buddy from day camp came over for a three hour play date that went remarkably well (even though I wasn't 100% on top of my game). The boys played so well together and Kelton was a good big brother and made sure that Kaylen was included as much as possible. I was so proud of him when he would say "Make sure my sister gets a turn next, ok?" It was sweet and I love knowing that he looks after her so well when other people are around. And, in fact, after his buddy went home he and Kaylen played well together the rest of the afternoon and evening. Refreshing, I tell you!!

So that's the latest from here. I'm exhausted but no longer feel like a truck ran over me a few hundred times. At this rate, I think I can make it to my Tuesday appointment which is good. At least there is a long weekend coming up which means Sunday and Monday are family days. Having help is always a good thing! :)

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I hope you feel better soon honey. It is so hard to be unwell when you have a little one or little ones. Kelton is such a big boy, you have a lot to be proud of!

bschmalz77 said...

You could check with your doctor, but I think you can rotate advil and tylenol every few hours so that you "double up" on the medication. Sometimes that helps!! (the trick works good for fevers in kids too!!)