Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bullet Dodging

Have you ever had that feeling that you just dodged a gigantic bullet that was heading your way? It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? Relief. Sweet, sweet relief.

The test results I was anxiously awaiting came back with an "all within normal range". THANK GOD! I won't go into detail because well....it's personal and all but this was a scenario that could have easily gone either way (underlying medical condition). Easily. And with the pain I am having all signs pointed to not a good result from the labs. So - even though I still have the pain, I am so incredibly relieved that it isn't what I feared. Maybe it is just a deeply pulled muscle. A virus that landed someplace and just needs to work itself out or maybe a scar tissue issue. I will have a follow-up appointment to discuss all with my doc but the sweet relief I have from the "all normal" report has me walking on air.

So now I can put away my fears of needing various medical supplies such as a portable oxygen concentrator. (Sorry - I just couldn't resist sneaking in a pay to blog assignment into an otherwise way too real and serious post. *grin*)

Life feels so much brighter today and I am fully enjoying each and every second.

To quote Lynilu's tagline: Life is Beautiful!!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

So glad to hear everything's ok! And I loved how you snuck in a pay to blog link! Hee hee.

Unknown said...

Very glad to hear your test results came back okay. That IS a relief!!!

Perrin said...

I'm glad you got good news. Health scares are awful.

Brenda said...

Great, great news! Celebrate! :o)

Audra said...

That is great that you had such great news!

Laura said...

This is such wonderful news!!!

Holly said...

What a relief! Glad everything is ok!

Anonymous said...

Good news, good news!

One of my biggest worries is my health now that I have kids. It's a scary thing to have children sometimes.

Anyhow- glad everything is normal!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

HUGS Casey! You know I'm just completely thrilled for you!

See you tomorrow for coffee!