Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sad Day

It's my mom's birthday today. She would have been 69 years old. Instead, she's been dead for three months and two weeks.

It's weird how incredibly sad I feel today. It's not like today every really involved much on my part - I would send a card to be there in time for her birthday and then I'd call to wish her a happy birthday on the day.

*sigh* I'm just sad.

Kelton said "You can still send flowers to her. But remember mom, it's good that she doesn't have to be in her wheelchair anymore. She doesn't have pain and maybe that's her present." That incredible point of view was quickly followed up with "What happened to her wheelchair mom? Kaylen and I had so much fun playing in it. Can we get one?"

From the mouths of babes and all....but I still miss my mom.

16 comments:

yankeegirl said...

((hugs)) I still miss mine, too. It's ok. The kids comments were priceless.

Audra said...

*hugs*

Jen said...

That child is one mature five year old...wow!! ((hugs))

Caroline said...

Sending you lots of hugs.

Pam said...

((((hugs)))) Casey. It's been 10 years since Bob's dad died and he still mentions his dad's birthday every year.

SJayneI said...

I know this must be a hard day for you; I will go through the same thing on Sept 26th. It would have been my mothers 60th. She will have been been dead for 10 months.

Perrin said...

Sorry Casey!

Sheri said...

I'm sorry. I can offer you lots of hugs and a really great cup of coffee! You're in my thoughts and prayers :-)

Stacey said...

{{{hugs}}}

Kids are adorable--they really do say the cutest things. That was so sweet!

Unknown Me said...

It's amazing how kids view the world. Such innocence and candor.

You have a wise young child there!

I'm sorry for your pain. I know what it's like.

Monogram Queen said...

I am so sorry. Kelton is quite the introspective little man. I heart him!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, I know 'special' days are hardest of all. *hugs*

Lynilu said...

Awww. How precious that he can give YOU a present on her birthday! :') Cyber hugs, Casey. I know, I know.

Casey said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your support.

SassyFemme said...

I'm catching up on blog reading, and not sure if you'll see this or not. My heart goes out to you. I know the pain of the firsts after they're gone. In time it gets a little easier, hang in there.

Wise child of yours

Amy said...

((hugs)) Casey. I'm so sorry.