Friday, August 03, 2007

Two and a Half

My baby girl officially turns 2.5 years old next Friday. I can't believe it. Seriously, I can't. To celebrate, Kaylen and I went to Picture People this morning to have her portrait taken (Kelton was busy with his last day of day camp for this session). Such is the case with child #2, I have very few portraits of her by herself so my plan for the year ahead is to get her in for pictures a few (dozen) times. When she was younger she was *not* a happy camper when it came to portraits but she is beginning to turn into a regular ham. Normally, I am a stressed out mess by the time a sitting is completed but it was so much fun today - I am really enjoying having one on one time with her. It's something I've never had before and you moms with more than one kid know what I mean when I say "It's so easy with just one!" I never thought that was the case when I had just one though, that's for sure. :)

Anyway, back to the pictures......there were several poses I really wanted to buy but since I can't buy them all (dammit!) I settled for these two:





Isn't she adorable?? :)

16 comments:

Brenda said...

OMG! These pictures are BEYOND adorable!

I seriously LOVE THEM!

What a sweetheart!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! I can't believe she is going to be 2.5 years old. Such a beauty, better get that "shotgun out Pa" How can one child look so much like an angel and so much like a little minx?
Love
Lynn and Di

Patti_Cake said...

Casey she is adorable! I can't believe my baby will be 3 in Oct. Time flies so quickly. Sometimes I regret not having another one ...

Audra said...

what a cutie!! those photos are completely adorable!!!

Casey said...

Brenda: They are, aren't they? I love them so much. :)

Lynn and Di: Aw the joys of Kaylen. 50% perfect angel, 50% pure hellion. :) When you dress her up she looks for innocent, doesn't she? What you can't really see in the photo are the bruises that cover her legs from all her antics. Quite the sight - beautiful child in beautiful dress but a tomboy through and through. :)

Patti_Cake: It goes quickly, doesn't it? Sometimes I regret not having another but maybe it makes this time even more amazing and special. Maybe? Of course in the day to day and all the frustrations of toddlerhood, it's hard to focus just on the amazing and special part. Much easier to do looking back. :)

Audra: Thanks! I think so too. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pics of miss kaylen

Perrin said...

Excellent pictures. Wow!

It is nice to get that one on one time with #2. Dylan really thrived with it. Corinne will be in full day school this year so it may be a little too much one on one but I really enjoyed it last year.

yankeegirl said...

YES. COMPLETELY ADORABLE!
Enjoy her (and her brother, too) they grow up really fast!

SassyFemme said...

Precious! I keep being drawn to her smile in the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beyond adorable...she's beautiful. Love the hair!

Lynilu said...

She in incredibly photogenic! And such a doll! Oh, enjoy her, Mom! You know she will grow like the proverbial little weed.

Sheri said...

These are fabulous ... makes me almost want to try doing another photoshoot (we've only done 2). Kaylen has such expressive eyes, and that smile makes me want to melt! :-)

Shannon said...

Wonderful photos! She's so cute.

Holly said...

She is ADORABLE! I love the poses.
I think they really show her off!
We just got a coupon for the Picture People and I was wondering if they do a good job!

Stacey said...

happy 2.5th bday. :) soooo cute. I love the pictures!!!

Unknown said...

I love that you got two pictures that came out lovely in two separate outfits! I have hopes for my girl yet! :)