Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Invasion of Yo Gabba Gabba


Has anyone else seen Yo Gabba Gabba? It's a new show for the toddler/preschool set on NickJr and I am sad to say that my children are hooked on it. I'm taking HOOKED. It's recording on the DVR daily so I get the pleasure of listening/seeing it several times a day. If they didn't love it so darn much I would delete it from the schedule and happily move on with life but noooooooooo....they LOVE it. And who am I to deny them this pleasure in life?

We've even gone to the website and printed out all the coloring pages and masks and my two silly beans have been walking around the house for the past two days wearing silly masks and chasing each other around. It's sweet. It's cute. It's annoying. :)

Today I found myself longing for the days when I was dreaming about picking out Da Vinci baby furniture for our yet to be born child. I wanted to turn back time and make them not old enough for this show so that maybe, just maybe, the craze would be long gone by the time they *were* old enough. But alas - you can't turn back time, can you? *sigh*

I just am at a loss for understanding how this shows concept came about. Are you telling me that adults sat around a table and bounced ideas around and settled on this? Do you think someone said "I have this great idea...." and the rest of them said "Wow. Best thing I've ever heard of!"? It's just so far out there in the realm of shows. But then - lots of people like that BooBah show too so maybe it's just me. :)

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I read about it in the paper ... tried to TIVO it, but the 1pm show is actually Sponge Bob. The 10:30am show finally taped today, and it FREAKED me out! I decided Nick is doing fine with Bob, Blue, Clifford, and Pigley. I figure with a Builder, 2 dogs, & a pig ... that's a pretty full house :-)

Froggymama said...

Sadly, I love Ya Gabba Gabba. I think it's so fun, and Froggy loved it too! It's so much better than Barney. Actually anything is better than Barney.

Monogram Queen said...

We have saw the commercials but haven't watched it and will avoid it like the plague LOL
I don't know who comes up with these shows (Boo Bah) but kids LOVE THEM.

Dakota said...

Sure...they look almost cute and innocent in this picture....but don't buy into it! They are evil.

Anonymous said...

I am a stay at home mom, my two children 1 and 3, love yo gabba gabba my 1 yr old dances through the whole show. If the commercial comes on the tv he yells yo, yo and starts dancing. I think it is good, anything that keeps a 1 yr olds attention for 30 min has got to be good.