Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nothing to Say

I have nothing really to say tonight. I'm tired and whipped and glad the day is over. I had the great joy of having a not all that much fun medical test this afternoon and for the 24 hours proceeding it I was on a clear liquid diet. I don't feel all that well when I don't have real food in 24 hours. Not to mention that test, while billed as "you may experience some discomfort during the procedure" was actually quite painful. Thank God nothing of any significance showed up because you won't see me running to join the sign up line for that again anytime soon.

On a slightly happier note; Kelton is loving day camp and again was very, very sad that the week is ending. So what's a mom to do? I signed him up for the final week. I really hadn't planned to do it thinking I wanted him all to myself for the two weeks before school starts but he is having so much fun and is so happy that I felt it was the right thing to do for him. I love sneaking in early and watching him with the group - he seems so big now, a real kid who can listen and follow directions and interact with people all without me standing by him. When did my baby grow up to be this amazing person?

I talked quickly with his group teacher today to see how things are going and again, I received a beaming report. In my head I do this little happy dance and song that goes sort of like this: "I have a great kid! I have a great kid!" I know it's shallow and all but it makes me feel so darn proud of him and well...honestly, of myself. It makes me feel like I'm a good parent after all...and sometimes that is hard to remember. Outside validation is always nice. :)

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Casey - I'm so glad to hear your test showed no problems, you just take it easy for a bit!

And YAY for Kelton - I'm so glad he is doing so well and you ARE a good mom!

Brenda said...

I'm glad your test showed promising results.

A double YaY for Kelton (I had to out do Shawna - LOL)

Sheri said...

I know I should do a better job at giving my friends their "YAY Mommy" awards ... so I'm giving you my first official one ...
"YAY Mommy Casey!"
Whenever I read about your kid adventures, be it painting or dress up or park days or mall trips ... I think to myself, "That's the type of mom I should be!" You seriously amaze me with every post.

Anonymous said...

Giirrlll.... You are such a good mom. That's why I keep coming back to read and keep up with your family. You inspire me to be an active mom with my three! I can tell by reading you and Dakota are so good at being parents!

Heidi

Monogram Queen said...

Glad the test showed nothing wrong. It sucks that it was uncomfortable and involved no food. Me no likey no solid food orders.

You have every right to be proud of your handsome,smart,wonderful little boy!

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear that the results of the test looks good. And why shouldn't you feel oroud when someone tells you how wonderful your child is doing, this is one of the best parts of being a mom. :)

SassyFemme said...

Glad the test results were good.

Yes, you're a darn good parent, it shows just in the way you talk about the every day little things with your kids!