Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tick Tock

Are watch collections commonplace? I mean, do lots of people collect watches? Dakota does. She has many, many watches. Ones with rottweilers, Stitch, guitars, digital, non-digital, pocket watches and hamilton watches. Expensive ones, mid-priced ones and inexpensive ones.

Whenever I am stumped for a gift I know that I can't go wrong with a watch.

Now here is the funny part. With all these watches you would think that she would wear one every day, right? I mean, she has a bazillion to select from. But nope. It's a rare day when the woman actually wears one. In her defense, most of them need new batteries but still.....

It's just another reason why I love her. She's just so darn whacky. :)

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Do you remember the "Swatch Watch". I was so obessed with those. I had probably 3-4 of those when I was a teenager. Somehow I thought wearing those made me cool.

Up until 3 years ago I used to wear a watch every single day. No I never wear one.

Patti_Cake said...

I have a bunch of watches too.. and rarely wear them. Even an old vintage one that belonged to my Dad. I think it's pretty neat though to collect them.

Ooh I loved Swatch watches.

Sheri said...

Heh, I think the next time you're stumped for a gift, you should give her a box full of watch batteries (LOL)

Keri said...

I love the "box full of batteries" idea. My partner is a watch fanatic! She has over a dozen and only wears a few. But when asked what she wants for her birthday or Christmas, it's always a new watch.

I bought her a watch case a few years ago from Red Envel*pe. It's beautiful and she loves it but it doesn't hold them all. Now she wants another one....

Dakota said...

True - it's all true! Glad to read I am not the only one who collects, but rarely wears. It's enough to just have them. I have thought a watch case would be nice. Not sure where we'd put it. Maybe a display case that could be hung on the wall? That way, no use of precious dresser space.

Shawna said...

My Highschool boyfriend has an OBSESSION with watches (really stinking expensive ones too) - the difference though is that he wore one EVERY DAY (big shiny gold ones that he loved to remind people how expensive they were) oh along with rings and a neckolace ... I swear the kid was much more shimmery than I ever was!

Oh the other difference, I HATED those big gawdy watches!

Shawna said...

hahaha! i just read sheri's comment, and I'm cracking up!

(look at all those freebie gift ideas from dakota!)