Thursday, August 23, 2007

Memory Problems?

I'm a mom. Therefore, it stands to reason that I no longer have an IBM memory. If you are a mom, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not sure why it happens but there is no mistaking it, once you get pregnant (and especially after that baby is born) your memory ability reorganizes itself. You will be able to remember all sorts of strange things but suddenly, you might find yourself in the post office line completely unable to remember your PIN number for your debit card. The same debit card PIN number you have had for over 4 years. (And yes, that's a true story.)

It's strange how my memory works now. I can remember any and details about the kids, their needs, their schedule, their everything. It's as if the only things my mind thinks are of any value are kid-related. I suppose that makes sense on some basic level but wow - I sure wouldn't mind being able to recall phone numbers, passwords or PINs again.

No comments: