Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Big Boy

The kids and I headed out to the mall this morning for Kelton's 5 year old/kindergarten photo and I have to say - I really think I have one of the cutest little boys alive. I'm not biased or anything either. *big grin*

I can pick up the photos Thursday after 5 and you can be sure that I will be scanning them in as soon as I walk through the door. They are so, so cute!!! He really looks like a big kid. Amazing. The photo studio I took him to puts them on-line and I have been to their site a few times just to stare at them. *happy sigh*

In other news, we are heading up to the Seattle area this weekend to see my family. It's the first time we will have been back since we left the day after my mom's funeral. I definitely feel the stress of it all. I plan to stop by the cemetery on the way back down to visit the grave. The marker was placed a few weeks back - I have a feeling it's going to be very surreal.

My brother and Cara just moved into a gigantic house with 5 bedrooms so we are lucky enough to be able to stay with them. I'm looking forward to seeing the new place and hanging out with my family. It's going to be a busy weekend (which ones aren't for us?) but I am so glad to be going back up. Saturday is the three month anniversary of my mom's passing and in those three months I have had more than a few moments of breaking down and losing it along with a couple panic attacks and a new, incredibly heightened sense of fear of not being around for my own babies until they are old enough to be in the world without me (is there ever really an age for that? I don't think so.). Losing my mom has really changed the way I view life - and how I view my children and my dreams for them. It's something I never would have seen coming.

And on *that* cheery note; let me again just say how adorable my son is. I can't wait to share the portraits with you.

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

No, honey, there is no such age. But I'm glad you ave such beautiful children, both of them! And I'm extra glad that their moms love them as they do. that makes their journey easier. Yay, you!

Lynilu said...

Hey, didja notice I was British for a moment there? "...you ave such beautiful children"!!!!!!!

Damn fingers can't spell! ;-)

Perrin said...

Can't wait to see the portraits. You get great ones....I guess you increase your chances with all the sessions. But you also have cute kids. I am usually disappointed with ours so I don't go too often,

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you are going to be able to visit your family. Maybe this will help you heal a little.
Can't WAIT to see the pics! I know they are adorable! Don't they grow up too fast? *sniffle*

Shannon said...

Looking forward to the pics. I can't believe Kelton is old enough to have a kindergarten photo. I remember reading about your kids on the L-Moms list and it doesn't seem that long ago that Kaylen was born!

Holly said...

Glad you are able to get a visit with the family in. Hopefully, it will be non-stressful.

Can't wait to see pics of Kelton! Of course he's adorable!

Casey said...

Lynilu: I did notice! Very funny. :) And thank you for your kind words.

Perrin: I can't wait either - I wish I could pick them up early since I am going to be at the mall tomorrow morning. Waiting until after 5 just seems cruel. :) And by the way - you have ADORABLE kids! I think I have low standards from photos because I know how crazy they get during a photo shoot so I am thrilled if we have one good one in the bunch. :)

Patti_Cake: They really, really do grow up too fast. :(

Shannon: It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that she was born and yet....*sigh* It goes so fast. And I can't believe Kelton is old enough either. Amazing.

Holly: Non-stress? Probably not but I think it will be good anyway. :)

Froggymama said...

Can't wait to see the photos. And I agree, your boy is a handsome little guy. That smile is so very charming! I hope you have a relaxing visit with family. You deserve it!