Monday, August 13, 2007

Stuffed Animals Galore

My daughter is obsessed with stuffed animals. It seems we can hardly go anywhere without her finding one that she just *has* to have! She is pretty cute and sweet about it and we usually give in (luckily she goes for the small ones) because it makes her so happy but I kid you not, between the two kids we have three good sized storage bins full of plush animals. It's crazy!

Kelton calls them "buddies" and Kaylen calls them "friends" and there is no way I can even consider giving any away at this point. I swear they have a running inventory list in their head of each and every one of their stuffed pals. They play with them, too. It's a rare day when Kaylen doesn't have a couple friends in her doll stroller, wheeling them around the house or taking them "to the park" (she takes them out and gives them turns in her swing). A couple days ago two of her friends were sick and she found a play phone so she could "call the doctor".

Kelton tends to be a bit more rough with his buddies. They fly through the air, slide head first down the slide and often smash into each other. Long gone are the days when he cradles them in his arms and just loves on them....unless of course it's bedtime. It's then that I always know there will be a bunch of his guys lined up on his bed for him to sleep with.

I love watching the kids with their stuffed friends but I wouldn't mind if they were happy with the ones they have and no longer felt the need to add more. I guess that say will happen soon enough though so for now I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride! :)

2 comments:

Perrin said...

oohhh..stuffed animals!!! For the first couple of years of Corinne's life I thought they were such a waste if money and told people not to buy more but since then, she would almost always pick one over any other toy. She loves them and goes crazy for them. I often give int oo as they tend to be cheap and give a lot of happiness but now we are so overloaded it's crazy. We fight about buying new ones all the time.

Monogram Queen said...

I love stuffed animals too. I've always wanted a huge stuff monkey. Never got one though.