Monday, June 11, 2007

Trucks, Dolls, Painting and More

Last night after her bath, Kaylen had a little play time while Kelton and I worked on a scrapbook page (his very own creation). Dakota came across the room and whispered "You've got to see this." And this is what we watched. The truck was actually my dad's when he was a boy and the doll and tub is none other than Kira, her new doll from this weekend. The last picture is her ready for bed. Notice all her friends - two dalmation puppies, the truck and Kira with all her stuff. Later, of course, she realized she was missing another doll, her big pink stuffed bear and her hoppity hop. Yes, you read that correctly. The girl actually insists on sleeping with her hoppity hop some nights. Some nights I wonder where she sleeps in that bed. Strange little child. :)



Today we painted. As you can see, I stripped Kelton out of his shirt because he has never not gotten paint all over himself. Except today. Today I should have stripped down Kaylen. That smock did precious little from keeping it off her shirt. But - they had a good time and that's what matters, right? :)



On a side note, today marks one month to the day that my mom died. It's still not really "real" in a lot of ways but in another way, it feels like it's been forever since that day. Time is such a fluid thing, isn't it?

A month.
A whole month.
Wow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - a whole month, it is strange how time just keeps on keeping on even when it seems like it shouldn't...

Kaylen and her doll are SOOOOOO cute! That is a great sequence of pictures!

As far as the painting goes, all I have to say is you are one brave brave woman! :)

Lynilu said...

Time is definitely fluid. I've often wished I could hold onto it for a bit, but . . ..

Well, once again, your kids are very, very cute! Kaylen with the truck is just perfect. I can't believe how much they look like you!

Monogram Queen said...

Sweet! I love to watch them at play especially when they are unaware.
I am too OCD to deal with fingerpaint... yet.

I can't believe it's been a month.Time is very fluid, my friend.

Again thanks for sharing "Kira" with us!

Holly said...

That month did go fast.
LOVE the pictures! Damn your kids are cute!

Anonymous said...

pssst - check out my blog casey, there is another new post (SHOCK i know) with something for you :)

Casey said...

Shawna: Not brave. Definitely not brave. I really don't enjoy the mess but when one has an artist for a child, one must do what has to be done. *sigh*

Lynilu: Thank you! :)

Patti_Cake: It wasn't finger paint. Need I say more? :)

Holly: Why thank you! :)

Shawna: You rock. Thank you.