Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

After a week of 80-90 degree temps, we are now stuck in a few days of rainy, icky days. It's so dark and depressing - quite a departure from the days we've had. It's a cruel trick to expect us to go back to *this* when we've been spoiled by days of being outside most of the time, playing in the sprinkler and pool and just feeling...well...free.

For some unknown reason though the outside weather mirrors my inside feelings pretty well. At least for today. I feel dark and depressed, lost, scared and sad. It feels like I have a gigantic hole that someone has kicked in my gut. I'm worried about everything - and nothing. These feelings suck.

The kids are playing in the living room. They have the cushions off the couches and they spent some time jumping around. I hear them in there now making forts and beds. They yelled "night mommy!" a few minutes ago but now I hear Kelton reading a story to his sister. It's her favorite story; Patch. I love how he has it memorized almost perfectly. So sweet. They sound happy and for that I am very thankful. They even pig-piled on my a few minutes ago for tons of hugs and kisses. I love that. Their squishy little baby bodies against mine and their overly wet kisses....it's heaven.

So why do I feel so.....blah? *sigh*

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You feel so blah because you're grieving, and days like this are part of the process. Especially when you have cues outside of gray and rain, I think it magnifies what we're feeling inside.

*****HUGS*****

Anonymous said...

Ahh, you said exactly what I am feeling today. It's rain here in Chicago as well. It has rained for a few days now. My kids are also playing with the couch pillows and making forts. They really wanted to walk to the park but it was a no go. To much rain. I loaded them in the van and headed for the McD's drive thru just so we could get out of the house. It is just so hard to sit in the house day after day. When hubby came home last night I was telling him how down I was and sad. He actually felt bad for me and the kids that we have to stay home and be bored on rainy days. Oh well, let's hope for some sun tomorrow! Take care.

Heidi

Froggymama said...

I'm sorry you're down. I'm sure the sun will start shining soon. :)

Shannon said...

Sorry you're feeling down today. The weather is crappy here as well. But, like the kid says, the sun'll come out tomorrow. :)

Caroline said...

I am so sorry that you are sad today Casey. Just remember you are still grieving a huge loss. Remember....breathe in and breathe out. Just one day at a time and if that is too much...take it minute by minute. I remember sitting on my couch about a month ago and I had to take the day 30 minutes at at time. Each time 30 minutes would come and go I felt a little more relieved. Hang in there and call if you need to talk.

((((hugs))))

Kristen said...

Hugs! Not every day is going to be sunshine and roses, and the weather is just reminding you of that. Its okay to have a few rainy days, the sun will come again.
hugs

momtothreeboys said...

It's okay, it's all normal.
Soon you'll have more sunny days than not - and of course those hot, hot, hot summer days to come. Oh joy!

Take Care!

Monogram Queen said...

Well at least you recognize your blahs and the kiddos will help take some of it away hopefully.

Jojo said...

Sorry you are so blue. Yesterday was my day, with no good reason. Just a 'hormone storm'. jojo

Dee said...

Changes in the weather give me the blah's every time. And now the your weather has hit us. Two days ago we were at 94 and now we're down into the 50s. Thanks for sending it my way! :)

Casey said...

Everyone: Thanks so much for all your support and sweet words. Knowing you are all here for me is such a good feeling. Thank you!