Friday, June 29, 2007

Bees....again....still

*sigh* I'm not sure we are ever going to be rid of the bees. Not ever. It's been 8 days since the bee guys were here and we are still seeing bees going in and out. They said to give it 10 days and then call them back if we still were seeing bee activity. Something tells me if they aren't gone today, they sure won't be gone on Sunday.

So again, we will have the bee guys come out and spray and then again we will wait 10 days and then I'm sure we will repeat it all yet again. We're ready to go with the tight screening and believe me, as soon as we have an entire day without bee activity in that area, it's going up. But I'm feeling like that day will never come. Thank God this company has a 90 day guarantee.

What is it with this house and bees? Every since we moved in five years ago (and evidence shows before that as well) we have had to spray down wasp nests (I think they are called paper wasps but I have no clue. I just know they start to build honeycomb shaped things under the eves of the house) every year (and we have already once this year, too). Two years ago we had a yellow jacket nest in the ground on the side of the house and last year and this year we have bumble bees. WTF? Is there a sign out there somewhere that tells bees this is a great place to live? I know bees just seem to be bad in this area but come on! Enough already!!!!

Maybe we should just call a realtor because I think Kelton may be on to something when he says "Guess we just have to move." And yet, that isn't a solution either (not to mention we'd still have to have the problem taken care of before we could sell).

I just want the stupid bees gone. Is that *really* so much to ask?

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hmm. Perhaps you or Dakota have a special attraction for the winged stingers! My husband dated ... very briefly ... a person that he and the kids referred to as "the spider lady." When she came to the house, spiders would literally come from the woodwork and crawl toward her! The kids were glad he quit dating her!

Uhmmm, good luck with that!!

Gandksmom said...

Casey - We have tons of bee's and wasps at out house too. It's really weird. Every year they build a nest and I think they have a nest inside out house too. I have to call the bee guy too! I hope they fix the problem soon.
Wendy

Casey said...

Lynilu: Thanks.

Wendy: Bees are icky. Sorry you have them too.