Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Naked Couches

Yes, you read that right. Kaylen is really into all things naked. She loves to be naked and she wants everything else naked too. She will pull off all her clothes and say "Me a naked wonder!" which never fails to reduce me to fits of laughter. And her dolls? Forget about it - they never get to wear clothes.


Recently she is all about making the couches "naked" which means removing the cushions and sitting where the cushions belong. She likes me to sit there too but frankly, the springs are hardly comfy on my mommy hinney. Both kids love to remove the cushions and build forts and then jump all over everything. I have to say, I've noticed the cushions are not quite as perfectly formed as they once were.

It drives me crazy but I also remember doing the exact same thing when I was a child and I remember fondly the fun it was. So I let them do it and know that some day, when they are grown up and no longer feel a need to jump on the couches or beds that I can buy new home furniture.

5 comments:

Audra said...

I totally remember building obstacle courses and forts when I was younger!

Monogram Queen said...

Hey i'm a grown up and I STILL love to jump on couches and beds. Hehe... you said hiney!

Perrin said...

Oh my kids do that every day. I do want new couches but it hard;y seems worth it with the wear and tear they get. Maybe in about 10 years.

Casey said...

Audra: Me too! It was sooo much fun!

Patti-Cake: You are sooooooo four! God love ya! :) Yes, I did say hiney! :)

Perrin: 10 years? I'm thinking it will probably be longer than that for me. :)

Stacey said...

haha naked stuff. i was the opposite as a kid--way too modest.