Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Multi-Colored Fun


Even though there is chaos in the house with Kaylen being sick (see post below if you haven't already) Kelton is still managing to find fun for himself. I don't know if you remember those four color bic pens but I had completely forgotten about them until the day recently that Dakota bought one for Kelton. He is in seventh heaven that his pen has four different colors - his excitement is actually pretty cute. :) As soon as I saw the pen I was flooded with memories of my mom and of seeing them in the house while I was growing up in the 70's. To be honest, I had no idea they even still made them but I have to say, if you have kids who love to draw, invest in one. Their excitement over these "magic pens" will be hysterical, I promise.

Kelton is really into making "treasure maps" for his various adventures and he will draw different parts of the map different colors and then he will dress up in a really silly outfit and go on his flying carpet to far away places. Here is a photo I took of him yesterday. I know he explained his entire get-up to me but I can't recall it all now but I do remember laughing to myself when he spread out the scarf, climbed on board and told me a tale about flying away from the bad guys who were out to get his buried treasure. Thank goodness his secret multi-colored map was carefully hidden in the bag around his neck. :)



I'm telling you, this boy cracks me up. :)

7 comments:

Froggymama said...

That's gotta be the best picture ever!

Holly said...

Classic picture!
What a great adventurous little boy. Magic carpets, magic pens and buried treasure - I love it!

Funny story - I had one of those pens when I was in 1st grade. I traded it one day at school for a turtle, which I brought home in my pocket. The turtle died and my mother lectured me about "bartering." LOL

Monogram Queen said...

I love their little imaginations. He cracks me up too. A million times better IRL I bet! You all are so lucky that you have these moments and the good sense to treasure them.
P.S. those three-color pens still thrill me!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is HILARIOUS! I love the picture and the adventure and story that go with it.

I haven't thought of those pens in years!!!

Caroline said...

Ok, this post totally took me back to the 80s. I used to love those pens and felt like I had to have them. Huh, I wonder if this is where my pen obession started.

Dee said...

That is a classic! Too adorable! I have one of those pens in my laptop bag!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: Isn't it priceless? I just love it. :)

Holly: That is so funny! Barting your pen for a turtle! LOL!!

Patti_Cake: Oh how I wish you all could meet this little guy IRL. He can be too darn much sometimes. You just cna't help but laugh at him..errr..I mean WITH him. Oh wait - no that's not what I mean at all. It's "at". :)

Seasonal: I couldn't grab my camera fast enough! :)

Caroline: LOL! Maybe it is where it all started. I know that Kelton is completely obsessed with pens. :)

Dee: Then you are all set! Quick, draw a magic treasure map for yourself. :)