Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thinking of the Almighty Dollar....

...and how to get more of it.

An on-line friend of mine hooked me up with a Yahoo group that is comprised of people who want to (or already do) make scrapbooks for other people as a source of income. I joined because I am pretty intrigued at the thought of making money doing something I really enjoy doing. Last fall I created a few digital pages for another on-line friend of mine and I am constantly getting compliments on the work I do on my own pages. I love creating layouts.

I suppose I could have some business cards printed up to hand out or leave them in strategic locations locally and see where it takes me. Or I could just use word of mouth and work with friends. I'm not sure what, if any, road I want to take on this venture...I guess I'm just thinking out loud but still....finding a fun, creative, enjoyable way to bring extra money into the house would be really, really nice.

6 comments:

Perrin said...

That's a really interesting idea. I would guess there would be a market for it. Not sure if you would have to put money into it to start up but seems like something that would be great for you. I would love to start a small home based business but can't think of an idea nor am I overly talented at anything.

Kristen said...

Michele has suggested I make business cards too, but I can't think of a business name. Plus, originally I wanted to make blankets, but that is just not feasible to make a profit. But, the scrapbooking could be. Let us know if you decide on a name/logo/business card design

Casey said...

Perrin: I bet there is something you can do as a home based business. I know you throw some pretty fun birthday parties. :) How about helping people plan them for their kids? Just a thought.

Kristen: Will do. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Extra money is always really nice, I wish you lots of luck!

Unknown said...

As the online friend you made pages for, I definitely think you should do this as a business (as I had said back then too! :) ).

I think there is definitely a market for this, we just have to hook you into it!

Casey said...

Patti_Cake: It is indeed! If I could just bring in about $250 a month we would be a heck of a lot more comfortable. At least, it would help prolong the savings account. *sigh* More would be even better. :)

Seasonal: Yes indeed! :)