Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day Eleven

Oh yeah - it's Day 11 and I put in another 30 minutes on the treadmill. I haven't missed one single day. The past three days have been the easiest so far but not because I'm not working out hard (goodness knows I'm sweating like a pig, going at a faster pace (and even running here and there) and I am steadily increasing the incline) but because I haven't been subjected to children's shows while I worked out. It happened by accident really but three days ago I was in the room alone and I flipped on TLC. What Not To Wear was on and I am a big, big fan. For some unknown reason, I really enjoy this particular show and it certainly isn't because I'm a fashion expert. Nope - probably more along the lines of "Phew! I'm not the worst dressed out there." or "I wonder if anyone has turned my name over to the show yet." I think I like seeing the transformation of the person in all ways - not just with the clothing. And maybe there is a small part of me that wishes I could have Stacy or Clinton come show me a better style for my body type.

Anyway....I have been watching What Not To Wear and I am loving it! The distraction for working out is great but I'm also having a good time watching a grown-up show. That never happens around here - not with two small children in the house. Not only that but there are parts of the show that seriously make me laugh - and laugh hard. Sometimes I swear I am going to need some incontinence products and all you women who have had babies know exactly what I mean! First off I have, at this point, consumed a large cup of coffee, then I am working out hard (and even running) and THEN I add laughing incredibly hard and well...you all know that's a recipe for disaster. It's right up there with coughing or sneezing once you have given birth. Need I say more?

But I just have to laugh at some of the outfits people wear and then when you add Stacy and Clinton making (severe) fun of them well......it's all over for me. And I'm here to tell you - when I am watching this show and laughing as hard as I laugh those 30 minutes are just flying by. Never ever in a million years did I think I would ever say *that* about working out!

So thank you, TLC. This show is a perfect work out show for me. :)

3 comments:

Perrin said...

I like that show too. The hosts are very funny. The British version is funny to. Very snarky.
Great job on the treadmill. I so need to do that.

Monogram Queen said...

I haven't watched that in such a long time but I used to love it!
Oh yeah I know what you mean *snicker*

Casey said...

Perrin: I used to think they were kind of mean (and I still do at times) but mostly I just laugh myself silly.

Patti_Cake: I hadn't seen it in a long while either. Definitely worth the 60 minutes! :)