Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Feeling Pretty Proud of Myself

This is the third day of having the treadmill in the house and the third day that I have worked out! I am so freaking proud of myself that I can't even begin to tell you. :) Somehow I just *knew* that if I could get a treadmill into the house that I would be dedicated enough about my personal goal of working out that it would see some seriously good use. The first day I did 30 minutes, yesterday I did 25 minutes and today I did another 30. Yesterdays was less because I didn't have time in the morning to work out because of needing to get Kaylen to the doctor so I wasn't able to squeeze in any time until after Dakota got home from work. My goal had been to get in 15 minutes no matter what so I was delighted to get in another 10.

So how long does it take to start seeing progress? I'm not a very patient person. *laughing*

But here is something that sort of bugs me. The machine is in our bedroom and positioned so that I could watch the tv as a distraction. Of course since I have children running about, the only tv I am seeing is Dora, Barney or something of the sort. Not exactly as distracting as I had hoped so instead I am spending my time looking around the room finding things that I would like to clean up, fix up and out and out change.

One of things I look at is the bathroom vanity, which until I looked it up today I had no clue what it was actually called. I always call it "the sink in my room" as in "Will you please go put this on the counter near the sink in my room?" But who knew that they are actually called bathroom vanities. Ok, maybe everyone else on the planet but still! :) Our bathroom vanity is mostly really great, I mean, it does its job and all but the more I stare at it, the more I realize how incredibly handy a double sink would be! Not that I have any plans of upgrading it but still - it would be really nice.

Another thing is, I'd really, really like to have the entire room repainted. Did you read that Dakota? *laughing* Yeah yeah, I know.....some day. :)

But seriously...I am so loving having the treadmill!!! :)

(Hahahahahah! I just added tags to this post and I actually got to write "working out" and I just find that so funny!!! Yay me!!!!)

8 comments:

Holly said...

Great job! That is awesome!
I've had a treadmill for about 18 months and may or may not have used it 3 times yet.
I know your choice of TV shows is not what you hoped for, but I guess anything that passes the time helps. My treadmill has a view of our pantry shelving (full of canned goods - BO-RING!)

Anonymous said...

casey i'm SOOOO proud of you, i really need to start running again because i can tell not doing it is making me moody...

isn't it funny that getting inshape always invoves getting something new first? :) I need to go shoe shopping first i decided because my feet/legs/knees were hurting last time i was running -

i was going to tell you my funny trick i did because i was running in the dirty messy garage - so i would turn the lights out and run in the dark, so i wouldn't be able to obsess over stuff - also, really really loud music so you can't think at all ;)

well i pretty much always recommend the music thing even if i'm not running... hehehe :)

way to go casey!

Perrin said...

Good for you. Our treadmill has become the place to store everything that has no home. I have great ambitions to use it this summer and have been cleaning it off for a week. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Okay, my treadmill is in the nasty basement facing a dirty wall. No wonder I don't use it anymore! I should rethink the location and see if hubby would care if I moved it to the bedroom. That's a good idea. Maybe then I can use it during the day while the kids watch a video. Now your getting me thinking. Very motivating, thanks Casey!

Heidi

Casey said...

Holly: You know what they say: location location location. :) Now climb on that piece of machinery and join my new obsession: getting healthier so I can keep up, and live a nice long life, with my kids. :)

Shawna: Thank you! :) Happy shoe shopping. *wink*

Perrin: I plan to! Happy cleaning! :)

Heidi: Glad I could help. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Yay you! We had a treadmill and hung clothes from it. Gave it away now my MIL offered us another one.
Um I think it might take 4-6 weeks to notice some body changes. Not sure. I'm not patient either. Just keep plugging away. Like the
Little Engine That Could!
Oh and Dora? I know her, and the Backyardigans, Strawberry Shortcake, Blues Clues, Max & Ruby, Diego, Higgledytown Heroes.... the list goes on.

Caroline said...

You are doing a wonderful job!!! I have not been to the gym in two months. In fact, I am going to cancel my membership this weekend. I just don't have time. Keep up the great work.

Casey said...

Patti_Cake: 4-6 weeks? See? This is why I never committed to this before. That is waaay to long to start seeing results. *sigh* One day, and one step, at a time I guess.

Caroline: Thanks!