Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New Wheels

Someone at our house has a new set of wheels....and it isn't Dakota, Kaylen or me. Yep - that's right. Kelton is the proud new owner of a new bicycle and he couldn't be more proud of himself.

Recently we started taking walks around the neighborhood and Kelton would ride his bike. It was abundantly clear though that the 12" bike we bought him for his third birthday was far too small for him which is so funny in a "wow they grow fast" kind of way. During the mild days of winter he would ride his bike and it was fitting him fine. Clearly, the plants aren't the only things to grow in the springtime!

Here is a picture of the happy rider:


Look at him go! He seriously was so happy that I think he floated around the block. Not one single complaint of "I'm tired." or "My legs hurt." Just "LOOK AT ME!" and "WATCH THIS!" It was so sweet. I'm still amazed though. When he got his first bike for his birthday two years ago it seemed so darn big on him and now it's so small. We'll put it away for Kaylen even though I already hear her saying "Mom - I want a pink one!" and can you blame her? A blue bike with a crocodile on it just doesn't say "Kaylen" the princess of all things pink.

9 comments:

Froggymama said...

Wow, he will never forget today. I still remember the first time I rode my first new bike! (it wasn't actually new, but it was new to me!). He has such a look of pride and joy!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing because we SO have the same life! We just bought our son (5) a new bike as well. His younger sisters who should be getting his old bike are both asking for pink ones. I just have to find a way to get that pink for them. Girls just need pink! I also put up the tent in the back yard and relax with my afternoon coffee and watch the kids play "camping". To bad we don't live by eachother, I am sure our kids would love to play while we have coffee!

Heidi

Monogram Queen said...

That is just awesome and good excercise too! Maybe the pink princess will relent and use her bubba's bike

Lynilu said...

I love the second picture, the one of him speeding away! And, Mama, get used to that ... the rest of his life will be you looking wistfully at his cloud of dust as he grows up and away. Bittersweet. You want them to do that, but it tugs at your heart, too. When my "baby boy" was here with his family recently, I had one of those moments when I looked at him across the room and saw the little cute kid, and I wondered how he got so tall and handsome ... and grey at the temples!! "Baby boy" is 43!!

Holly said...

He looks so flippin' happy! How wonderful. It does look like he floated around the neighborhood.

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: I hope he will always remember. I really, really hope.

Heidi: Oh my gosh - we really DO have the same life. Too funny!

Patti-Cake: The pink princess relent? Highly unlikely. This girl has a will of iron and she isn't afraid to inflict it on anyone. I have a feeling that no one will *ever* push her into a corner in her life. :)

Lynilu: I remember clearly the first day he used his walking toy as he was learning to walk. He walked away from my arms an dinto the middle of the room with it. I cried because I knew it was the first time he was walking *away* from me and that from now on, he would always be doing just that. It's what we as parents want, of course, Strong, confident adults from the babies we once help tenderly through the night. *sigh*

Holly: Happy. Yes, that woul dbe the word that describes him. :)

Shannon: Almost makes you want to relive your first bike experience, doesn't it? :)

Caroline said...

I can see the joy and excitment on his face.

You are right....he really has grown the last couple of months. What are you feeding him.....Miracle Grow? :)

Casey said...

Caroline: Yep! We're feeding him Miracle Grow. :)