Saturday, June 09, 2007

Snap 'n Style Babies

This afternoon we ran out to Fred Meyer to pick up a few groceries and while there we happened to venture over to the toy aisles which is always an interesting adventure. "I want..." and "I need..." and "MOM! Look at this!" filled the air. The kids are pretty good about putting things down and walking away when we say "This is really great but you know, we're not going to get that today." We're lucky that way - they usually just say "OK - maybe next time." and put it back.


Today though we were feeling like we wanted to get the kids each a little something. Kelton chose a notepad and a multi-color ballpoint pen (that's our boy - art supplies and office supplies. He loves them!). Kaylen found something in the doll row (of course) called Snap 'n Style Babies: Bathtime for Kira. I've never seen this particular brand of doll before but she was instantly in love with it. It's a bit like Polly Pockets for the toddler set. The doll is chunky so she is easy to handle and the clothes snap on and off and she can do it all by herself. She could not wait to break into the box and start playing. And play she did! We more than got out $10.00 worth already and Kira has had a bath in the real bathtub and is now tucked in right next to my own sleeping baby doll. It's just too sweet.

So if you have a toddler who loves baby dolls - you might want to check out the Snap 'n Style line. When I looked it up online, I discovered here are a few different sets and I have to say, they all look like fun. Just don't tell my daughter there are more. The girl already has more dolls and doll accessories than one child needs. :)

4 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Can't even imagine buying baby dolls. Well I guess I can't imagine Declan choosing art supplies either :)

Sonya said...

I love getting special little treats like that for the kids once and a while - and I love that they are generally okay with walking away when we say not today. Sounds like Kelton & Kaylen are enjoying their selections!

Polly Pockets - OMG. We've avoided them - so so so many small pieces. But, they got them from a friend for their b-day and now we are hooked. Aside from the bazillion small pieces - they are cool! Carie gets excited about playing polly pockets with tehm. Spencer has fun playing with the "guys".

Monogram Queen said...

I went and got Bathtime for Kira Sunday and Maddie loves it. Thank you so much for the reccomendation!

Stacey said...

That reminds me of some dolls I had as a child. They would snap onto a background and clothes and stuff would snap onto them.