Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Daughter

Oy. This girl. Two days ago she had a little pink snack bowl for her cheese. While I was in the shower she had to go potty so she ran off to use her potty chair. When I exited the shower stall, the bathroom rug for the main bathroom was in my bathroom. I asked her about it and she said "It covering up my pee."

I asked her to explain. Apparently she peed in her pink bowl (the cheese was gone already) and then covered the bowl with the rug, getting pee all over the rug. She was bringing the rug to me so I could take care of it.

Ok - so we talked about how we don't pee in anything but the potty(s) or her diaper. And we moved on with life.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon snack time. I pulled out a pink snack bowl (the same as she used the day before though I can't swear it was the same one. We have six exactly the same.) and gave her her snack in it. As she sat at the table I could tell she was deep in thought. Suddenly she shouted "NO! Rabbit bowl! Me want rabbit bowl." Hardly worth the fight, I got up to get the rabbit bowl and on the way I said "Why do you need the rabbit bowl? You love your pink bowl."

And she said with sheer disgust in her voice "Me peed in 'dis one! No want one I pee in!"

Well of course. :)

So I had to explain about how dishes get washed so they are clean when I get them out of the cabinets and the bowl she had peed in had been washed in the dishwasher and was ready for food again. And still - she wanted no part of that.

Silly, silly girl.

6 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Ha haaaa she might be a silly girl but doggone she's a SMART girl also! I love your stories Casey. They make me smile and feel like i'm not alone!

Casey said...

Ooooh - you are SO not alone! I love that I can tell this whacky stories and know that someone out there relates. Being a mom - it's crazy, isn't it? :)

Brenda said...

OMG!!! That is TOO funny! She is a bright girl! :o)

Lynilu said...

Haaaa haaaa haaaaaa!!! OMG, what a girl!! Now, I've laughed so hard that I gotta go pee!!

But not in a pink bowl, thank you.

Kristen said...

Can't say that I blame her. Just the idea that pee had been in that bowl, no matter how clean it was now, I couldn't eat out of it. Eeww!

Casey said...

Brenda: She's a way too bright girl. Scary! :)

Lynilu: Shall I send some Depends your way? LOL!!!! Glad I could make you laugh so hard. :)

Kristen: :)