Sunday, June 24, 2007

And The Winner Is......


Dakota and I decided to submit this photo (taken in January - it's our annual family photo) for the free 16x20 canvas from Canvas On Demand. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

A friend who commented on the original post wondered how I am able to get it for free. It was a special assignment I was lucky enough to get through PayU2Blog. I started working with PayU2Blog a couple weeks ago which is why you may have noticed some obscure linking in a few of my posts which take you directly to a specific site. I am getting paid a small amount for each assignment and all I have to do it find a way ti incorporate the assigned link into a posting. It's actually been surprisingly easy to link to the assingments without altering the course of talking about the usual stuff I blog about. I'm not sure if that will always be the case but I'll cross each bridge as I come to it.

The extra income won't alter the course of our lives by any stretch of the imagination but it will help make it easier to afford to go to the zoo or children's museum or help me feel less guilty for buying the kids a little surprise here and there.

There are pay to blog places who pay significantly more but the blogs I read doing those types sometimes tend to feel more "informercial-ly" and that's not the feel I want my blog to take on. For the past two years, this blog has centered on my kids and my crazy life and I don't want that to change. Now.....all that being said, I can't promise *never* to partake in the "more money game" every now and then because well....life costs money and there is no denying that we don't have enough of it and if I can help bring in some extra here and there to make things less tight for us, that's what I'll do.

You know what else? It felt really, really good to make some money this week. :) I haven't been able to contribute money-wise since I started staying at home with the kids (but heavens knows I contribute in many, many other ways!) and it felt great when I checked my PayPal account and saw the money sitting there.

And yes, you can bet I did a little happy dance. :)

So...long story short; this is how I am getting the free canvas print. :)

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

LOVE the photo! Excellent choice!

Kristen said...

So do you get paid when someone clicks on the link from your blog? cuz i'll click all the links if you get paid. but i can't buy anything on those pages.

Casey said...

Patti_Cake: Thanks! :)

Kristen: Nope - I get paid for putting the link in my posting and submitting it for verification to the PayU2Blog place. No one has to click or buy - which is good. They pay me $5 an assignment. That said, please feel free to click - you just never know what assignemtns I will get or what the product is. It might be something really cool that you would love and be able to afford. Who knows! :)

Laura said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous picture!!!