Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tents in the Afternoon

Yesterday the kids were antsy (which I don't understand since we spent two hours with MOMS Club in the park) so I hit on the idea of pulling out the child sized tent and setting it up for them. Oh my gosh did they have fun!

They brought out pillows, blankets and stuffed friends to add to the two sleeping bags already inside. They zipped and unzipped the door. They giggled like fools and wore themselves out. Meanwhile, I sat on the patio reading a book. It was really nice.

I forgot how much fun tents in the backyard during the summer are when you're a kid.






4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yep and on rainy days a big blanket over some kitchen chairs is nirvana!

Casey said...

Absolutely!! We do that even when it isn't raining. :) And couch cushions make *great* forts!

Caroline said...

Looks like a perfect summer afternoon. Have you guys had a sleep over in the tents yet?

Casey said...

Caroline: We've done actually tent camping in a campground with Kelton in his younger years and in the past 2 years we've camped in the yard a couple times each summer. The kids are anxious to do it again - I keep telling them soon. It's still chilly at night so I want to wait until mid-July at least. :)