Thursday, June 14, 2007

Amazed

I was just checking my blog stats to see how many people have visited, who is currently on (I'm nosy like that) and to see where people are coming from (it logs if you follow a link from someone else's blog and it also logs your IP address with your city and state) and I was struck by something very sobering: even when I was feeling isolated and alone; you were all there. Right there. As close as my keyboard.

I had 3,223 hits to my blog in the month of May. Three thousand times you all come to check in on me as I went through the journey of losing my mom. So even when I felt so incredibly alone, I wasn't. As I struggled with having the kids in a hotel by myself; you all were here. As I faced all I faced during that time....you were all right here.

I find that amazing...and incredible...and sobering. And I am honored.

Thank you all for caring about me. For those of you who leave comments to let me know you hear me and to share things with me; I appreciate every word. For those of you come by and then leave silently; I'm so glad you are here.

Thank you, everyone. From the deepest part of my soul; I thank you.

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

I had to be .... because we all felt your pain and wanted to reach out however we could. You're loved.

Shannon said...

Aww, Casey, that's so cool. It is nice to know people really care about you (and we do!) By the way, how do you check your blog stats? I haven't been able to figure that out.

Casey said...

Lynilu: Thank you.

Shannon: Thanks to you, too. :) To be able to check your stats, you'll want to get a site hooked up with yours such as www.sitemeter.com. They have a basic free program that you sign up for, load the coding they have for you onto your template and then voila! You have data for your site. They will send a weekly report and you can access your stats whenever you want via your account. If you scroll to the bottom of my main page, you will see the icon for sitemeter. Click on it and you can access the stats for mine to see what it looks like. It's pretty cool. :)

Sonya said...

Yep - I am here and think about you often. I'm sorry that too often I don't have much of anything to say. Mostly it's just where I'm at in life.

Deborah said...

hi Casey - this seemed like as good of an entry as any to come out of lurkdom (actually, there is a term...bloitering) and say hello.

Monogram Queen said...

Yep what Lynilu said!

Caroline said...

Casey..you do not need to thank us. We all love and adore you and were all very concerned for you last month. I know it was a very tough month with lots of emotions.

Even though I have been *very* bad about commenting lately...do know that I read every post you write. I am hoping things will slow down in my world so I can resume my normal blogging habits.

Casey said...

Sonya: I understand. And thank you for thinking of me and coming by.

Deborah: Hello! I'm glad you are here! :)

Patti_Cake: Thank you.

Caroline: Thanks for being here. I have missed hearing your "voice". Glad all is well.

Angele said...

Oh course we come and see what your up too and doing... DUH!!!

What are internet friends for??

Anonymous said...

We love you and I know alot of those May hits were me checking on you hourly sometimes. Remember, we are also just a phone call away.

Love,
Lynn and Diana

Holly said...

you are loved!!!