Sunday, November 18, 2007

WOW!



I am so completely touched and overwhelmed.

As we were getting the kids out of the tub and ready for bed tonight a knock came on the door. I called out "Who is it?" (we have no peep hole and it freaks me out to open the door at night) and I heard a familiar voice say "MOMS Club!" Surprised, I opened the door to find three of my wonderful MOMS Club friends standing there holding a basket of goodies. (I'll just add in here for your enjoyment that I had already changed from my day clothes into my well-loved pink sheep pajamas. I'm sure I was a sight! LOL!)

I didn't even know what to say! I think I said something like "What's this for?" (Classy, I know. I think my brain stopped working for a minute.) They said it was just a little something from my friends in the MOMS Club because they know it's been a really rough year for us. Seriously - it was so incredibly sweet I thought I might cry. It's filled with all sorts of amazing treats - three different Ghirardelli bars (the BIG ones!), clam chowder, Fiesta Chicken Tortilla Soup, homemade butter milk wheat bread, homemade corn bread muffins, homemade brownies, a gift certificate for babysitting and a gift card for Starbucks. AMAZING and so, so thoughtful.

I can't even begin to tell you what this means to me. Thank you all my MOMS Club friends - I am so thankful for all of you.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Pink sheep pajamas? Are they soft, fuzzy, warm, ultra comfortable ones? I have pink frog jammies. No, the frogs are green but the jammies are pink. They came in a "package" or an "envlope" as some have called it. I fold/roll them into the little bag, and for traveling, it is perfect!

Now is the time for you to come back and say, "No, Lyn, they are nothing like you describe ... and now I'm worried about a 63 year old wearing 'jammies' like that."

Sighhhh.

Cool gift, even if your story brought this strange response from me!! LOL!!

Sheri said...

Ok, next playgroup ... I wanna see the sheep!!! **BIG grin**

I wish I could have helped deliver tonight, but had a family dinner at my in-laws (rats, I can't believe I missed the sheep!). I like to think I'm part of that Starbuck's card ... cause you know I'm 10% me & 90% caffeine. See you soon. Enjoy! :-)

Monogram Queen said...

Aren't sweet surprises the best??? You all SO deserve it!

Casey said...

Lynilu: They are flannel. At least, the bottoms are. The top was a cotton long sleeve shirt with just a single sheep on it. I dont' wear that one though since I can't sleep in long sleeves. I just paired the pants with a pink t-shirt. :)

And I think it's great that you wear fun jammies! Everyone should. :)

Sheri: Ummmm.....ok. But fiar warning; they are well loved. :) I need new ones. I keep hinting to Dakota that I need fun new jammies for Christmas but it's hard to know if she has taken the bait. And a HUGE thank you for the part you played in this amazing gift basket. You know I am all about the Starbucks. :)

Patti: Thanks. I'm not so sure we deserve it but I sure do love it and I'm thankful for it! :)

Lynilu said...

I'll have to take a pic of my funny froggie jammies and post it! You'll get a laugh.